Sigur Ros - Kveikur (boxset) LTD 1,000 / 9-12"s silkscreens

nelso330

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome!! Great to hear it lives up to the pics they posted. Got my shipping email last week so hopefully not too far away! How does it sound?

I'll let you know. I got home too late to play it tonihgt (baby-related silence required). Great shipping box, btw. It looks maybe like they custom-made a double box arrangement for it to keep it secure in transit.

Got mine yesterday! Artwork is sadly boring!! The sleeves are pretty thin, and the box isn't too Thick either, compared to say other boxes like The National's - Trouble! Each 12" was in the wrong sleeve, thank god the labels are all correct I believe, I checked 6 of them so I assume the rest are ok!

My guess, they got lazy and just started to put random LPs in random sleeves...lol

Overall they do sound amazing, I did notice a slight difference in quality than the deluxe pressing. But sadly for $125 the box, art and overall materials are a tiny disappointment! Being a massive SR fan I am happy, but for $125 they could of at least made a stronger/sturdy box/sleeves...

Ps the instrumental are awesome

Got mine today. #108. All mine were in the wrong sleeves too. Made me nervous but they were all there. The box is going to be very susceptible to scuffs. I was also a bit let down that this doesn't seem to actually be screen printed. I thought we were just going to get 2 of the 3 art pieces. I got all 3. It was packaged pretty well. Considering that these weren't even supposed to ship until tomorrow I'm pretty happy about getting it already.

I received mine today. It was shipped (from UK) in a thin cardboard box with no kind of corner protection or bubble wrap. I have several serious corner dings, the largest one dinged the sleeves and the art prints inside. All but one records were in wrong sleeves. The corners of the shipping box were also left open so I'm just lucky there's no water damage to the box set. Just writing back to their customer service.

I must say, I'm not happy about the quality of shipping and packaging, but I'm happy for the records and music.

I'm a sigur ros completist so I won't be getting rid of this (ever?) but those that are disappointed and want to get rid of it, good news is with it being /1000 you will be able to get rid of it at cost (being cool) or close to double your money (obvious source)

I stayed with the original shipping, no cancelling, #331/1000, double boxed, everything perfect and superfast shipping. i predict a happy Christmas here  :)

Got my box today. Luckily it turned up in perfect condition. It was in the double mailer but had no wrap or anything to protect it. No wonder these were turning up bent etc!

The box does look amazing. I think it's just the box that is silk screened and the sleeves are just sleeves with individual artwork. My records are in the wrong sleeves also. About to have a listen!

^ I am wondering if they intentionally put the LPs in the wrong sleeves, to mess with people, due to all the box set screw ups (flaming lips, death cab, act) - IDK a little far fetched…My money is on they just simply said, F-it just throw them in whatever sleeve to save time! They did announce, and ship this in lightning fast time! SMART! When have you seen a box set in the past year not be delayed or be at least 3 months out from when you order! I bet they waited until they were at the record company (LPs Box/Art) before posting for sale?

This one was what 3-4weeks? And came 2 weeks before xmas…sooner than promised! Nice Sigur ros/XL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...