TMV - De-Loused in the Comatorium 2013 Bootleg? (Black/500) *Pics

I wish this thread was about an official repress or at least that we could prove that this boot was pressed using the official master plates.

what does the etching in the run out grooves say in the og pressing? on the boot it just says something like "a-1", "b-1", ...

that might be an indicator if the same plates have been used, right?

the og does not have anything in the runout. blank. no lables, no etchings.. a pleasure to deduce which side is the a side.

that obviously doesn't mean that an official repress would be void of runout etchings, but the "GSL75" etching is unlikely.

What about what McPherson said a few posts back? Did u actually look at the disc recently up close?

I tweeted sonny Kay I'm sure you guys know him the one that ran gsl well I asked him about this and he said this is news to him.

So I'm guessing this is a bootleg?

I'm not sure how that all works but would anyone else have the rights besides them?

Edit

He didn't say the bootleg part that was me guessing but he seems to not know about this.

I tweeted sonny Kay I'm sure you guys know him the one that ran gsl well I asked him about this and he said this is news to him.

I'm not sure how that all works but would anyone else have the rights besides them?

Edit

He didn't say the bootleg part that was me guessing but he seems to not know about this.

Just adding the Twitter convo link here for w/e reason:  https://twitter.com/PXLR8R/status/419174105233911808

You should follow up with him asking where you saw the bootlegs (i dont have twitter or i would myself), maybe link him to this thread or to the Discogs bootleg page: http://www.discogs.com/Mars-Volta-De-Loused-In-The-Comatorium/release/5211738

I'm really curious to see what he says...

Edit

is this even english?

Just adding the Twitter convo link here for w/e reason: https://twitter.com/PXLR8R/status/419174105233911808

You should follow up with him asking where you saw the bootlegs (i dont have twitter or i would myself), maybe link him to this thread or to the Discogs bootleg page: http://www.discogs.com/Mars-Volta-De-Loused-In-The-Comatorium/release/5211738

I'm really curious to see what he says...

I linked him to the discogs page.

He didn't reply yet

what are you trying to figure out? is it a bootleg? yes. it's a bootleg. 

If you'd pull ur head out and read, Sonny Kay clearly asked where these were popping up... so foood responded... 

That enough to get ur panties out of a bunch? *yeesh*

https://twitter.com/PXLR8R/status/419174105233911808

@TheSkysBreaking This is news to me. Where are you seeing them?

the og does not have anything in the runout.  blank. no lables, no etchings.. a pleasure to deduce which side is the a side.

that obviously doesn't mean that an official repress would be void of runout etchings, but the "GSL75" etching is unlikely.

You have to get the light just right but I assure you the etchings are there. Unless there are multiple plates that were used to press it and one of them had absolutely no etchings. Try it again though.

I"ll check right now..

ah yes, there are etchings!  fancy that.. gsl-c.. so maybe these are from legit plates?

got my 3 copies today, listening now and it sounds great, gonna go out on a limb and say better than the og.  someone went to a lot of trouble with these boots.. probably the highest quality unofficial presses I have seen lately!

thinking of selling my og if the rest sounds as good.

I"ll check right now..

ah yes, there are etchings!  fancy that.. gsl-c.. so maybe these are from legit plates?

got my 3 copies today, listening now and it sounds great, gonna go out on a limb and say better than the og.  someone went to a lot of trouble with these boots.. probably the highest quality unofficial presses I have seen lately!

thinking of selling my og if the rest sounds as good.

Wait wait wait, you're saying the boot has GSL-A, GSL-B, etc.?