Instagram Record A Day

IanRees

I only had the family record collection in high school. My first actual vinyl was given to me as a graduation present - Underoath - They're Only Chasing Safety. I'll be posting something I listened to in high school since I didn't own anything on vinyl that I listened to at the time.

Also, I like Ry Bread's photo today and might do something similar. Kudos sir.

is the recordaday.com website not working? I've been so busy this month that I haven't made time to do this. Starting today I'll do it each day. 

http://instagram.com/coldwhitewall

Planning on posting all my catch up pictures on my twitter picture feed. If you'd like to see them check out http://www.twitter.com/maladjessted

Will follow anyone back who's posting tight records, I love seeing what everyone's doing

Where do you shop at in the Atlanta area?  I'm in the Roswell area and I really like going to Decatur CD (though it is a bit of a drive) but I usually just buy new there b/c they have so many great new LP's coming in daily.

I'd never actually been to Decatur CD until last time I went to ATL at the beginning of this month, but I'm making it a point to go every time I'm in the area from now on. What a great little shop.

I mostly go to Criminal Records (for new releases) and Wax 'n Facts (for older stuff, a decent hip-hop selection, and the occasional good used bin score). If you're really into rap/hip-hop/R&B stuff, you could also check out Beatlab, back behind Junkman's Daughter. They're mostly a DJ gear shop, but they have a few Expedits full of singles and rare stuff. They're a bit pricey, but the crates are fun to dig through.

All three of those places are in Little 5 Points, which you can either drive to (which I would avoid, since parking is a pain in the ass), or, if you're already in Decatur and don't mind public transit, take MARTA Blue Line to Inman Park and walk for a few minutes. It's a $5.00 trip there and back, and who doesn't like riding on a train every once in a while, right?

Didn't have much time yesterday so just found a few minutes to snap the pic, put it together and post it. NIN's Broken EP, with Physical/Suck 7". I had a few albums in high school but was way more focused on my CD collection at that time. Might still post a collection pic of the five or six LPs I rinsed to hell during my school years.