Instagram Record A Day

IanRees

i did think it was innocence but then he posted this. He also thinks he's apparently doing a good dead.

@ianrees Sorry, man. Like I said, I meant no harm, and I also don't see a reason not to do it at this point. We made a good list. We could always compromise...save your list for #marchrecordaday?

Alright everyone, here is the list for February. It was a little rushed since that dude jumped on the tag first but i did put in quite a few of the suggestions from the board.

Id appreciate it if you could post it soon and tag w/ both #januaryrecordaday & #februaryrecordaday so it gets out to people who might not know where it all started.

feb.jpg

no, not really, because its not that big of a deal.  if anything it'll just create more people doing this, and who knows, they might click on the hashtag, find this one and your website and contact you for services in media design that they might not have found had it been "exclusive" to just your monthly record whateverthisis.   

no, not really, because its not that big of a deal.  if anything it'll just create more people doing this, and who knows, they might click on the hashtag, find this one and your website and contact you for services in media design that they might not have found had it been "exclusive" to just your monthly record whateverthisis.   

yeah, well see.  Id probably agree more if it was some small hashtag but the fact that it absolutely blew up makes me think theres just going to be confusion, but i guess we'll see.

Ive put a decent amount of work into this little project so it just bugs me that someone is trying to bootleg the concept, but i guess that means we're doing something right.

Edit: looks like it doesnt matter now cause they took theirs down.

Alright everyone, here is the list for February. It was a little rushed since that dude jumped on the tag first but i did put in quite a few of the suggestions from the board.

Id appreciate it if you could post it soon and tag w/ both #januaryrecordaday & #februaryrecordaday so it gets out to people who might not know where it all started.

feb.jpg

Not to be a grammar nazi, but "An Artist..." Bugged me in January, continues to bug me in February.

Also stoked to see 7" on the 7th and 10" on the 10th!

If this continues after Feb as well, here's couple ideas to consider that could be interesting:
- Record that was bought from a show
- Album one could have bought just for the cover artwork

- Album cover dominated by certain color, eg green. It's fun to browse the feed on days when the day's theme is something visual (=looking forward to Feb 20th for sure!)

If this continues after Feb as well, here's couple ideas to consider that could be interesting:

- Record that was bought from a show

- Album one could have bought just for the cover artwork

- Album cover dominated by certain color, eg green. It's fun to browse the feed on days when the day's theme is something visual (=looking forward to Feb 20th for sure!)

February seems to be locked down already. But these are awesome suggestions!

Also, my first response to this whole thing back on page 1 was "cool idea.. I'm in but I'll probably lose track"

No way. I wake up every day looking forward to posting.

Missed yesterday, because I only remembered about it at like 11:30pm and couldn't decide which 90s album to post. Catching up with it today.

People playing #januaryrecordaday catch up doesn't faze me at all, but what's annoying is when people post their tapes, CDs, posters, concert tickets or whatever and then load up the description with catch-all hashtags like #vinyl #vinyligclub and so in, but include #januaryrecordaday just to get likes.

a day late doesn't bug me.  i meant the people who are days, or at this point, even weeks behind.  there's going to be some that seem a day late also with various time zone differences.  i'm sure people in north america all look late to the aussies.

Not to be a grammar nazi, but "An Artist..." Bugged me in January, continues to bug me in February.

Also stoked to see 7" on the 7th and 10" on the 10th!

someone posted on my IG correcting the grammar even though i have nothing to do with the making of the list.  lol.

ian, you're a good sport about the grammar nazis.  :)

Ha so the guy who made the other feb one not only took it down but he removed all his jan posts and blocked me

HAHA, what an overreaction.  good, it'd be more of a mess with the super late to the club people AND the alternate photo challenge when you end up searching the #recordaday tag anyway.

He apparently got butt hurt that i called him a "fucking biter" which i suppose was a tad aggressive, i apologized to him via twitter.

i'm not really sure what he expected though.  you know...?

if i ripped someone's idea, and the source could've easily been found by doing a simple search, i would not in the least be surprised if they got annoyed or pissed at me for it.

that's nice of you to apologize though.  i probably wouldn't have.  :)