Instagram Record A Day

IanRees

Wait, I'm confused. I took 2xLP to be double album. What's 2xLP if not a double album - do you mean single albums split over two (In Utero 2013 release for example)?

Missed it yesterday because I didn't get back from band practice until midnight. Catch up later.

Yeah, it's an album span across two LPs in one package.

Ian, I hope you don't mind but I did a little shout out to you and recordaday on my blog (http://themellowmallow.blogspot.com). I also shared it on pinterest. The more the merrier, right? I love record a day every bit as much now as I did when I first started posting. Brilliant, sir!!

Ian, I hope you don't mind but I did a little shout out to you and recordaday on my blog (http://themellowmallow.blogspot.com). I also shared it on pinterest. The more the merrier, right? I love record a day every bit as much now as I did when I first started posting. Brilliant, sir!!

Awesome thank you :)

So i jumped the gun a little bit in announcing the sponsor for February yesterday. Now that we have it all sorted out im excited to announce that FADEAWAY RECORDS is the sponsor for February to help promote their awesome Friends comp that comes out 02.25.14 so please use this image if you haven't posted your February one yet.

feb-fadeaway-620x620.jpg

Thank you all.

I'm having such a hard time trying to figure out which record I want to post today. Did you guys just post a record you listen to a lot? Or should it go hand and hand with your favorite band? If that makes sense.

Edit: ended up posting State Lines - For The Boats. Everything about that record is amazing!

O'brother even got in on it and hash tagged their recent pic.

I saw that too! They reposted it from the guy who did the artwork for that album. 

So i jumped the gun a little bit in announcing the sponsor for February yesterday. Now that we have it all sorted out im excited to announce that FADEAWAY RECORDS is the sponsor for February to help promote their awesome Friends comp that comes out 02.25.14 so please use this image if you haven't posted your February one yet.

feb-fadeaway-620x620.jpg

Thank you all.

So excited for you on the sponsorship. Big things are happening!!!

Is Fadeaway Records giving out prizes or something?

As of now, no, but we might get a contest of sorts going soon.

So excited for you on the sponsorship. Big things are happening!!!

Thank you :)

wha.....why is this 'sponsored' by someone?

WHAT DOES THAT MEEEEEAN?!

Its essentially me giving Fadeaway Records some a small amount of publicity and vice versa, im not getting paid for it or anything. Im gonna try and have it presented by a different label each month and hopefully do some sort of contest as well.

I don't want to sound greedy here but Fadeaway records is going to get massive publicity for this, as there are over 30,000 posts for january so far. This is massive free advertising for them, there should definitely be some kind of contribution to you for the idea, and the participants involved (like a contest for a small gift card per day or something promotional) for fuelling the idea that they are sponsoring.

I don't want to sound greedy here but Fadeaway records is going to get massive publicity for this, as there are over 30,000 posts for january so far. This is massive free advertising for them, there should definitely be some kind of contribution to you for the idea, and the participants involved (like a contest for a small gift card per day or something promotional) for fuelling the idea that they are sponsoring.

If my homie is anything like me he doesn't care about gaining anything from this. Just good ol' fashion fun and a way to network a bit.

yeah i dont see it like that. And just because there are 30,000 posts it doesnt mean that they are gonna get 30,000 views. Granted ive seen a nice little bump in traffic the last few days since the February images have been out there w/ the url but its not anything that is worth charging anything for.

They are putting out a comp that is going to a good cause and im just glad i can hopefully help in some small way. We'll see if we can get some sort of contest going though but a gift card a day for a small non profit label is a big chunk.