Sooo my record store got broken in to last night..

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest baseball

I'm sorry to hear that. Has anyone sketchy been in the store scoping it out? A record store seems like an odd place to rob out of the blue like that.

Hope the insurance works out for you.

I was kinda wondering how long it would take for that to happen in that neighborhood. Esp. since we can't even go out to eat these days w/o some fools taking over the restaurant and robbing everyone. (for those not in the East Bay area, 8 Pulp Fiction-style takeover restaurant robberies in the last 3 weeks!).

Did they steal all those totally rad High Fidelity Records 7" and CDs? haha. sorry.

That is a bummer dude.

I'll be in on Wed...

It would be awesome if they guy ended up to be one of those "dumbest criminals" you see on tv and he tried to sell back the 7"s he took in your store.

In all seriousness, this is a real fucking drag. I'll support any way I can.

my truck got broken into outside the Beat in Sacramento several years ago. whatever day LTJ Hello Rockview came out. i was in there for <15min to pick that up. came out and my stereo and case of ~25 CDs i was bringing back from having at work got stolen.

i faxed a list of the CDs to all the area stores that bought used. a few weeks later, they took the CDs back to the Beat to try and sell them.

the clerk was cool and recognized the list. also recognized a couple hoodlums wouldn't have J Church and John K Samson/Painted Thin CDs or whatever i had in there.

anyway, long story short, i got them all back.

Thanks again everyone for the support. I have a weird update on this...So this guy who came in to the shop earlier in the week making veiled threats about him knowing people who wantd to rob me but telling them not to...and then asking me for money for beer came in yesterday to let me know he knew who had my stuff. He's telling me over and over that he didn't do it and his friend did and he doesn't want to get the cops involved and just wants to give me what he has back (apparently some of it is already gone) and he's willing to do this for the low low price of $30. They stole almost $2200 in stuff (I just realized they got my camera too) and he wants to give me back the lions share for $30. A little suspicious to say the least. All I have to do is give him the $30 and he'll bring it back. To which I say "I'm not giving you money before I see my stuff". He leaves and then brings me back the ripped out cord from my moniter and then asked for $10 as a show of good faith. I didn't want to give it to him but I figured $10 was worth the gamble if he was serious. He said he had the ipod for sure and that's definitly worth it to get that back alone. Anyway guess what happened when I gave him the $10 and he said he'd be back in 10 minutes. Fucking nothing. He ever came back. I feel like an idiot but I figured it was worth a shot. I find it bizzare that he would even come back at all though. you just robbed me of thousands of dollars in shit...why try to come back for $30 more and risk something happening. What's the point?