KISS Reissues (Psycho Circus & Revenge included!)

When Flood made that thread about how pressing plants are just getting more and more backed up, this was the kind of bullshit he was referring to. A cursory glance at Discogs says I can get original pressings of most of these for less than $20, and most of their 80s output in particular hovers around 6 bucks apiece. I'm sure these are all limited to 10,000 copies worldwide, too.

I've never been a Kiss fan but simply reading the title "Psycho Circus" completely brings me back to the Summer of '98 and sitting in my bedroom all day and night listening to two or three different radio stations or 5 or so different CD's. Even though in retrospect that had to be one of the loneliest times of my life, I kind of miss it. It was a very different time.

absolutely HUGE kiss fan. but i really dislike psycho circus. especially for a $38 price point.

id like a non-limited version of sonic boom...

ive got everything else theyve put out, so ill probably pass on most of them unless there is something super special about them

When Flood made that thread about how pressing plants are just getting more and more backed up, this was the kind of bullshit he was referring to. A cursory glance at Discogs says I can get original pressings of most of these for less than $20, and most of their 80s output in particular hovers around 6 bucks apiece. I'm sure these are all limited to 10,000 copies worldwide, too.

This. Also LOL at $38 a piece. Wow.

I'll jump in to this thread just to say that I hate KISS. Always have. Never ever appealed to me and tried to get into the music. Just could not.

I guess it's not full-on hate because I do like the song "Detroit Rock City" and only because Bosstones and The Melvins have covered it. And I liked those versions.

I'm sure a few of these are hard to find and worth a re-issue to fans... IMO the only Kiss albums really worth a damn, are all available for $1-$5 dollar bins in every record shop in the world. I wish companies would really start getting to 90's and early 2k releases. So many albums I would love the opportunity to buy that don't cost me 100-500 dollars.

In general, most of the KISS records I like are from the original period of the band wearing makeup. But the exception to that rule is 'Revenge', which is probably among my absolute favorites. I'd be all over the reissue if I hadn't picked it up when the album came out. After that I found the numbered blue marble version dirt cheap at a clearance sale in the late 90's. Crazy luck, but nobody cared for KISS vinyl at that point it seemed like.

Psycho Circus also makes sense to press, but most of those other albums really don't need to.

A couple of these do need new presses, but like many have said most of these are fairly cheap in used record bins. I'd like to have a copy of Psycho Circus. I have a fairly large Kiss collection. My favorite records of theirs that I put on and listen to the most usually end up either being the first album, Creatures Of The Night, or the Ace album with the "New York Groove" cover on it.

I think if you've listened to KISS but only listened to the 70's stuff and didnt like it, you should listen to Revenge. A completely different band. That album probably has the most balls out of any other release. The late 80's stuff is pretty awesome too (Hot In The Shade)

KISS is the band that got me into music/collecting vinyl. Been literally listening to them since I was a baby. I would sit at home watch home videos all the time growing up. KISS and wrestling = my childhood.  First concert was KISS at the Meadowlands in 2000 (which was recorded and released on DVD so that rules). While I dont like the price tag at all, Im more than willing to pick up Revenge and Psycho Circus (the first cassette I ever actually owned, before that I would just borrow all my dad's till he got the CDs and just gave me them). 

I think they shouldve added Alive III & IV in here too though since they are also super limited. As well as Sonic Boom (pretty underrated record. Has a nice punch to it from the opening track). Especially over albums that you can find in the cheap bin. But also, think about the people whose copies are all beat up from back then. Im sure they'd rather have a newer pressing without so many bent corners. And like that dude said earlier, maybe itll have the original posters, tattoos, etc.. However dont get me wrong, Im aware this is just KISS trying to cash in on the latest trend. Its KISS. 

I have a ton of KISS.  They're not a typical go to in my collection but they pumped out a ton of great music, especially before they became a huge marketing ploy. That being said, I will definitely pick up Revenge and Psycho Circus.  I remember being in high school when Psycho Circus came out and it was a HUGE deal at the time.  Overall I think it's a pretty decent album that I'm excited to finally get.  I see Amazon has them as a PO which is great because they'll definitely be a lot less once other sellers start listing.