What's with the Snowing hype?

Curious as to what current bands you're thinking of. And this isn't a snarky remark, I'm genuinely curious because I can't think of any and this genre is kind of my home court.

I can think of some bands that are doing a disgrace to this genre and are complete ripoffs of bands from the Snowing/Algernon era....

Curious as to what current bands you're thinking of. And this isn't a snarky remark, I'm genuinely curious because I can't think of any and this genre is kind of my home court.

I can think of some bands that are doing a disgrace to this genre and are complete ripoffs of bands from the Snowing/Algernon era....

Same. Although maybe I've just grown out of the genre because very rarely do I find any new bands that don't bore me or turn me off because they sound watered-down and even more derivative than the last band.

To the OG poster. The newer hype around the band and all these new people jumping on the bands older releases I would guess mostly has to do with a ton of blogs/websites talking about an "emo revival" and including this band in the discussion. A lot of people are just now becoming aware of how good the band was and how good the music still is.

To the OG poster. The newer hype around the band and all these new people jumping on the bands older releases I would guess mostly has to do with a ton of blogs/websites talking about an "emo revival" and including this band in the discussion. A lot of people are just now becoming aware of how good the band was and how good the music still is.

The emo revival definitely has a presence in California, but it's tedious with all of the Cap'n Jazz copycats. I love emo and all but it gets to be a bit much all the time. That's just me though. 

Snowing is the reason my friends and I started the first band I was in, making then the reason I started playing music, so that's why they are important to me. They were, with Algernon and Glocca Morra and few others integral to spreading this type of music to a new generation. They were extremely emotionally charged with no bullshit and that left a huge impression on a lot of people.

Also they were probably the second most popular emo band behind Algernon at the time, and released their LP for free, unannounced. So very proto-Beyonce as well.

The emo revival definitely has a presence in California, but it's tedious with all of the Cap'n Jazz copycats. I love emo and all but it gets to be a bit much all the time. That's just me though.

You sure about that? All I ever come across are shit-tier HeavyHeavyLowLow and Fidlar ripoffs, and neither of those bands are better than Snowing.

You're more than welcome to post whatever you want but why go after Snowing fans? Everyone was chillin' before. Pun intended.

You sure about that? All I ever come across are shit-tier HeavyHeavyLowLow and Fidlar ripoffs, and neither of those bands are better than Snowing.

You're more than welcome to post whatever you want but why go after Snowing fans? Everyone was chillin' before. Pun intended.

Again, it's just my opinion. I like the band, I have nothing against the fans. I just have a lot of friends invested in the DIY punk community and the presence of emo is kind of overwhelming is all. Think of it as burger records' bands, but all emo. I just don't like how much of a fad it is that's all. I think Snowing is original and I like them, I'm not calling them ripoffs at all.

Snowing consistently selling out pressing runs has a lot to do with completists needing to buy every variant, and buying them quickly before the other 299 completists buy their new variant. I'm glad it's being kept in print because I still need to buy a copy of the album (which is honestly the only release of theirs I care enough about to buy and I love it a lot).