Some Red Scare vinyl gems being sold...

I mentioned this a while ago, but I have a pal who is parting with some pretty cool Red Scare vinyl stuff.  There's the TBR "Total" on white which was the first pressing back in 2005.  The Falcon "Unicornography" on orange, which was from the first pressing in 2006.  Menzingers RSD, some sealed records, etc. 

Check it out: http://www.ebay.com/sch/maroonoski/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Yeah, I can vouch for the seller, but not the descriptions!  Also, I definitely know the Orange has sold for $300 at some point.  And they were never an exclusive at Hot Topic, just that some orange copies were part of the first pressing.  Red Scare has never done a HT exclusive, actually.

"These orange versions have sold for $300+ on eBay and this copy is brand new." - thats a stretch haha.

That unicornography record is still the only thing I ever bought at a hot topic since it was an HT exclusive when it came out.

I got my orange at Newbury Comics, so I don't think it was only for HT.

I don't think anyone has ever done one of those!  We need to get more like No Idea and do a variant for each pressing.  I guess we'd have to put out records people would want first...

Most underrated RS release would have to be the 21CPPR LP. I remember selling it not long after came out and regretting it. It took me probably another 2 or 3 years to track down another copy.

21st Century Power Pop Riot was one of the first records I ever bought. My mom overheard me listening to it once, specifically "Starry Eyes" and was all like "Wow! I haven't heard this song in a long time!" and then busted out a copy of The Records S/T. Then she read the liner notes on 21st Century and was all like "Yeah! I totally listened to those radio stations!" and stuff like that. Definitely a cool release for me because of all those things.

Which one? The Newbury Street flagship is great, but the Norwood store is the biggest and probably the best.

I used to live right near one.

I was driving a rental truck to my new distro in Malden(?) and I got a Marriott hotel for like $40 like 20 minutes away.  It was in a mall complex and the Newbury was in a strip mall too.  I bought a bunch of shit and they were super nice, I liked it. 

Maybe I'd support this label if you would have answered any of my tweets/emails re: you charging me $8 to ship two 7"s in a flimsy envelope.

Sorry dude, we don't make shit off mailorder and we got burned big time in the middle of a big release when USPS upped their rates, so we've had to raise prices to compensate.  All labels have.  I should mention that it's STILL cheaper to order from us than Interpunk or Amazon, and again, we're not making a buncha money off this shit.  If you want records to show up at your door in 2014, you have to pay for it.

As for the envelope, those are actually NOT cheap or flimsy, Fat Wreck also uses them and we've never had a complaint.  I know vinyl collectors are finicky about stuff, but I don't care to spend time dealing with complaints about perfectly good mailers.  We do the best we can and that's all we can do. 

21st Century Power Pop Riot was one of the first records I ever bought. My mom overheard me listening to it once, specifically "Starry Eyes" and was all like "Wow! I haven't heard this song in a long time!" and then busted out a copy of The Records S/T. Then she read the liner notes on 21st Century and was all like "Yeah! I totally listened to those radio stations!" and stuff like that. Definitely a cool release for me because of all those things.

Ha, that's awesome.  Totes bonding moment with mom.  I'm gonna copy your post and message it to Dan.  That was actually the whole purpose of that record: to bring some of that old power-pop to light and try and garner interest from the next generation. 

We should make more of those, that thing has been outta stock for years now!

Sorry dude, we don't make shit off mailorder and we got burned big time in the middle of a big release when USPS upped their rates, so we've had to raise prices to compensate.  All labels have.  I should mention that it's STILL cheaper to order from us than Interpunk or Amazon, and again, we're not making a buncha money off this shit.  If you want records to show up at your door in 2014, you have to pay for it.

As for the envelope, those are actually NOT cheap or flimsy, Fat Wreck also uses them and we've never had a complaint.  I know vinyl collectors are finicky about stuff, but I don't care to spend time dealing with complaints about perfectly good mailers.  We do the best we can and that's all we can do. 

I can't think of any other label that would charge $8 to ship two 7"s domestically. I know that USPS has raised their prices, but for $8 you could have mailed my records priority, paid off packaging materials and STILL made extra money. My complaint about the mailers was basically that less than $3 actually paid for USPS costs, so $5 couldn't have been to pay off packing materials, and other costs. Especially when the item in question was a marked up "Easter Egg" that required the purchase of another item. So, not only did I HAVE to buy two items in order to get one that I wanted, but I had to buy two items without shipping being combined. That is appalling. I could literally have bought twice as many 7"s (including shipping) from any other independent label for the price that I paid. Had the upcharge just been on the OOP item, I would have no complaints, but double shipping is insane.

Not to even mention, I tried multiple times to get an answer from you, but rather than respond to me over Twitter (or email) you tweeted dissing Riot Fest and talking about Ja'mie Private School girl. Great customer service right there. 

...rather than respond to me over Twitter (or email) you tweeted dissing Riot Fest and talking about Ja'mie Private School girl. Great customer service right there. 

Ha, yeah, I don't see myself responding to nagging tweets about shipping.  I mean, you saw the charges before you checked out, you proceeded with the purchase... you want me to get in a twitter convo with you about that?  I got other shit to do. 

Tell ya what, I'll make good on this.  You send back the records and I'll give you a full refund and cover your shipping, first class, media mail, priority, whatever. 

Sorry the whole Easter Egg thing went over your head and you decide to nitpick about a couple bucks.  Everyone had a ton of fun with it and got great stuff for super cheap. As did you, but like the worst kind of record collector, you'd rather tweet at me about your audit of the quality of the mailer.  I'm not interested in those kind of interactions, sorry.

Ha, yeah, I don't see myself responding to nagging tweets about shipping.  I mean, you saw the charges before you checked out, you proceeded with the purchase... you want me to get in a twitter convo with you about that?  I got other shit to do. 

Tell ya what, I'll make good on this.  You send back the records and I'll give you a full refund and cover your shipping, first class, media mail, priority, whatever. 

Sorry the whole Easter Egg thing went over your head and you decide to nitpick about a couple bucks.  Everyone had a ton of fun with it and got great stuff for super cheap. As did you, but like the worst kind of record collector, you'd rather tweet at me about your audit of the quality of the mailer.  I'm not interested in those kind of interactions, sorry.

Don't worry, I will never buy anything from you again.

Don't worry, I will never buy anything from you again.

Wait, you've been posting all over this board and tweeting to high hell about how you've been wronged by our mailers and now you DON'T want a fucking refund?!  What DO you want?  Seriously, send that shit back and I'll pay you in full and throw in some more money.  I know you won't because you and I both know what you got was worth more than what you paid.  So you're welcome. 

Just a heads up, because I assume that you're young and live with your folks or something, but your mailorder was NOT, and I quote, "appalling".  I would trade anything to have your problems.  You sorta exemplify the worst elements of record flippers/collectors: you feel entitled to everything and somehow think that buying a couple 7"s is a contribution to this community that allows you to voice your know-nothing, do-nothing opinion.  It's not. 

Now put your money where your mouth is and return those records you're so unhappy with.

I was unhappy with an $8 shipping charge for two 7"s, not the records themselves. I've said that enough times, so if that isn't clear after this post it won't ever be clear, but I am not going to keep posting about it. I'm going to take a page out of your book and ignore you.

I am still going to stick to the fact that most label owners, especially an independent one, would say that charging $8 for standard mail, with no tracking number being given, for two small records is a joke. Generally independent people appreciate the business that they get, they don't sit there and try and twist what people say to make it seem like they're complaining about something other than something that the label is clearly in the wrong on. I'm not sure how any of that makes me a flipper, or entitled. The only thing that I have claimed to be entitled to is getting what is fair for the price I paid for shipping wise, and I most definitely never said anything about selling my copy. 

And I am glad that you feel that your customers don't have the right to say anything. As I previously stated, I won't be giving you my patronage from here on out.

If you would care to carry this on, PM or e-mail me. It'd certainly be a first.