Everything's Comin' Up Milhouse!

Alright guys I got a serious question.  In all honesty, when do you think The Simpson's stopped being "good."  Of course it'll always be somewhat good because, well... it's The Simpsons.  But I've heard that season 10 is pretty much the cut-off of the really good stuff.  I mainly ask because I've been buying all the seasons the past few months.  I've bough up to season 10 so far, and something I've found odd, is that seasons 1-10 were all fairly cheap to buy online (averaging around $10 a season).  But then out of nowhere, seasons 11 and on double in cost, and to be honest, it's harder to bring myself to pay that much for them if they're actually not that good.  I'm sure I'll get them eventually, but they're starting to becoming less of a priority.

Also, this is coming from someone who just started to really get into The Simpsons a few months ago.

Just buy them all and make up your own mind.

agreed. it's really hard to say what is included in "the canon"

I would say around 13 is a solid stopping point, but there are plenty that don't even think it should go into double digits. EIther way, even in the handful of newer episodes i've watched, every now and then it's actually still really witty and funny. 

The show definitely changed after season 12-ish, but I for one think it was still funny at least until the movie came out. 2007-onward hasn't done much for me. But, seriously, guys. It's The Simpsons. If they're running out of ideas, it's because they've done everything.

True, but some things just never get old.  For example.....

Homer-Hotdog-the-simpsons-173989_320_240