2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

DAWES_CONOR_COVER_zps3964ddeb.jpg

Los Angeles-based rock band Dawes are excited to announce that they will release a limited edition seven-inch for Record Store Day (Saturday, April 19). This exclusive split will feature Dawes covering the Bright Eyes song "Easy/Lucky/Free" and Conor Oberst covering Nirvana's "Rape Me." More information on the release can be found via Record Store Day's official website,http://recordstoreday.com.

Fixed... Too soon?

GREEN DAY TO RELEASE 18-SONG DEMO COLLECTION, ENTITLED DEMOLICIOUS, ON VINYL IN CONJUNCTION WITH RECORD STORE DAY ON APRIL 19TH, 2014

SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES DEMOS RECORDED DURING SESSIONS FOR GREEN DAY ¡UNO!GREEN DAY ¡DOS!GREEN DAY ¡TRÉ! TRILOGY, PLUS PREVIOUSY UNRELEASED TRACK

"I can't think of any act or artist that carries this much weight with such a 

multi-generational fanbase today." - Consequence of Sound

February 25th, 2014 - LOS ANGELES, CA - Green Day will release Demolicious - a collection of 18 demos recorded at Jingletown Studios in Oakland, CA, in 2012 during the sessions for the band'sGreen Day ¡Uno!, Green Day ¡Dos!, Green Day ¡Tré! album trilogy - in conjunction with Record Store Day on April 19th, 2014. The two-disc set will be released on red or clear vinyl, and will also be available on CD and cassette.

In addition to the 18 demos, Demolicious includes a previously unreleased track, "State of Shock," and an acoustic version of "Stay The Night" from Green Day ¡Uno!.

501.jpg

GREEN DAY TO RELEASE 18-SONG DEMO COLLECTION, ENTITLED DEMOLICIOUS, ON VINYL IN CONJUNCTION WITH RECORD STORE DAY ON APRIL 19TH, 2014

SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES DEMOS RECORDED DURING SESSIONS FOR GREEN DAY ¡UNO!GREEN DAY ¡DOS!GREEN DAY ¡TRÉ! TRILOGY, PLUS PREVIOUSY UNRELEASED TRACK

"I can't think of any act or artist that carries this much weight with such a 

multi-generational fanbase today." - Consequence of Sound

February 25th, 2014 - LOS ANGELES, CA - Green Day will release Demolicious - a collection of 18 demos recorded at Jingletown Studios in Oakland, CA, in 2012 during the sessions for the band'sGreen Day ¡Uno!, Green Day ¡Dos!, Green Day ¡Tré! album trilogy - in conjunction with Record Store Day on April 19th, 2014. The two-disc set will be released on red or clear vinyl, and will also be available on CD and cassette.

In addition to the 18 demos, Demolicious includes a previously unreleased track, "State of Shock," and an acoustic version of "Stay The Night" from Green Day ¡Uno!.

501.jpg

Well this was essentially the only thing I was looking forward to. Now that I know its all Uno, Dos, Tre stuff I don't have to worry about getting up at 5AM anymore.

Well this was essentially the only thing I was looking forward to. Now that I know its all Uno, Dos, Tre stuff I don't have to worry about getting up at 5AM anymore.

Don't understand why people keep saying this (or some variation of this) when the entire/official list isn't out yet, and won't be until next month.

OMG. This is awesome, for no other reason than being THIRTY FIVE RECORDS. Can't wait to see price and what it's limited to.

OMG. This is awesome, for no other reason than being THIRTY FIVE RECORDS. Can't wait to see price and what it's limited to.

It's an edited down 1 or 2 LP version.

That link has been up for awhile. I'm curious if that's the actual RSD release since that release isn't from DFA. I've been hesitant to pull the trigger on it, because DFA has said in the past that they were looking into putting it out as well.

New updates today that some people may or may not be interested in (including the stuff from Victory Records):

7"

• Chiodos (Craig Owens/Thoms Erak from Fall of Troy)  R2ME2 b/w Let Me Get You A Towel (Green Vinyl 7")
  • Close Your Eyes  Prepackaged Hope  (900 copies on Red vinyl)
  • Kodaline  Coming Up b/w All I Want (remix)
  • White Denim A Place to Start (Jamie Lidell Remix)  b/w A Place to Start (instrumental) (White vinyl 7")

LP:

• August Burns Red  Thrill Seeker (1000 copies on either Green vinyl or Gold vinyl (packaged randomly)
  • Between the Buried and Me  Colors_Live (1400 copies on Red vinyl, first time on vinyl...live 2007 show from Nashville, TN)
  • Buried Alive  The Death of Your Perfect World (900 copies on Grey vinyl)
  • Darcys, The   Hymn for a Missing Girl LP
  • Earth Crisis  Gomorraah's Season Ends (900 copies on Yellow vinyl)
  • Gojira  The Way of All Flesh   350 copies on Blue/White split 2LP
  • Jennings, Waylon and Shooter Jennings  Fenixion (Industrial album from 1996 never released....White vinyl)
  • Jungle Rot  Kill on Command LP (900 copies on Red vinyl)
  • Karma to Burn  S/T  180g Black Vinyl 2LP
  • Strife  In this Defiance  (800 copies on white, 100 copies on Neon Green
  • Type O Negative  Slow, Deep and Hard  180g Black Vinyl 2LP

<p>

New updates today that some people may or may not be interested in (including the stuff from Victory Records):

7"

• Chiodos (Craig Owens/Thoms Erak from Fall of Troy) R2ME2 b/w Let Me Get You A Towel (Green Vinyl 7")
  • Close Your Eyes Prepackaged Hope (900 copies on Red vinyl)
  • Kodaline Coming Up b/w All I Want (remix)
  • White Denim A Place to Start (Jamie Lidell Remix) b/w A Place to Start (instrumental) (White vinyl 7")

LP:

• August Burns Red Thrill Seeker (1000 copies on either Green vinyl or Gold vinyl (packaged randomly)
  • Between the Buried and Me Colors_Live (1400 copies on Red vinyl, first time on vinyl...live 2007 show from Nashville, TN)
  • Buried Alive The Death of Your Perfect World (900 copies on Grey vinyl)
  • Darcys, The Hymn for a Missing Girl LP
  • Earth Crisis Gomorraah's Season Ends (900 copies on Yellow vinyl)
  • Gojira The Way of All Flesh 350 copies on Blue/White split 2LP
  • Jennings, Waylon and Shooter Jennings Fenixion (Industrial album from 1996 never released....White vinyl)
  • Jungle Rot Kill on Command LP (900 copies on Red vinyl)
  • Karma to Burn S/T 180g Black Vinyl 2LP
  • Strife In this Defiance (800 copies on white, 100 copies on Neon Green
  • Type O Negative Slow, Deep and Hard 180g Black Vinyl 2LP

gotta grab Thrill Seeker

7"

• Chiodos (Craig Owens/Thoms Erak from Fall of Troy)  R2ME2 b/w Let Me Get You A Towel (Green Vinyl 7")
  • Close Your Eyes  Prepackaged Hope  (900 copies on Red vinyl)
  • Kodaline  Coming Up b/w All I Want (remix)
  • White Denim A Place to Start (Jamie Lidell Remix)  b/w A Place to Start (instrumental) (White vinyl 7")

LP:

• August Burns Red  Thrill Seeker (1000 copies on either Green vinyl or Gold vinyl (packaged randomly)
  • Between the Buried and Me  Colors_Live (1400 copies on Red vinyl, first time on vinyl...live 2007 show from Nashville, TN)
  • Buried Alive  The Death of Your Perfect World (900 copies on Grey vinyl)
  • Darcys, The   Hymn for a Missing Girl LP
  • Earth Crisis  Gomorraah's Season Ends (900 copies on Yellow vinyl)
  • Gojira  The Way of All Flesh   350 copies on Blue/White split 2LP
  • Jennings, Waylon and Shooter Jennings  Fenixion (Industrial album from 1996 never released....White vinyl)
  • Jungle Rot  Kill on Command LP (900 copies on Red vinyl)
  • Karma to Burn  S/T  180g Black Vinyl 2LP
  • Strife  In this Defiance  (800 copies on white, 100 copies on Neon Green
  • Type O Negative  Slow, Deep and Hard  180g Black Vinyl 2LP

FUCKKKK I hate Victory but now I have to get BTBAM - Colors LIVE,  ABR - Thrill Seeker & Craig Owens/Thomas Erak split 7".

Agree! I would love copies of Kid-A and Amnesiac by Radiohead but don't want double 10" versions!

Those albums are 50 & 44 minutes, respectively, they wouldn't fit comfortably on a single 12". That's not what they were talking about anyways, they're talking about album box sets like the Soundgarden 5x10" singles set or the Rancid 46x7" discography set.

So it appears as though EMI is willing to put out Tooth & Nail stuff after all, or at least stuff that's a guaranteed money maker.