PO: Cloud Nothings-Here and Nowhere Else

Not agreeing or disagreeing, but what's the first?  Just out of curiosity.

Hotelier. One of my favorites in the last several years, easily. Can't think of another record where I could literally listen to it over and over and over again like I actually have been doing with this one.

I ordered from gohastings, because with the coupon code it turned out to be only $14 .  Then I called gohastings and asked about the limited edition (specifically why it was cheaper than the other option and to emphasize I wanted the limited version) - the person I spoke with couldn't tell me anything about it, but just said that I should get the limited if it said that.  She also said that if I didn't receive the limited edition, they would remedy the situation.

So, this is really just a wait and see.  I will post an update when I receive the record, but I'm betting this will be figured out by then.

My guess is that I'm not getting the most limited, or deluxe version.  But if I did, then hooray for me cause the price at insound was $10 more (with shipping)!

I ordered from gohastings, because with the coupon code it turned out to be only $14 .  Then I called gohastings and asked about the limited edition (specifically why it was cheaper than the other option and to emphasize I wanted the limited version) - the person I spoke with couldn't tell me anything about it, but just said that I should get the limited if it said that.  She also said that if I didn't receive the limited edition, they would remedy the situation.

So, this is really just a wait and see.  I will post an update when I receive the record, but I'm betting this will be figured out by then.

My guess is that I'm not getting the most limited, or deluxe version.  But if I did, then hooray for me cause the price at insound was $10 more (with shipping)!

I can't justify ordering from gohastings any more.  I've ordered from them twice, and both times they sent the vinyl in a bubble mailer and the covers were incredibly jacked up. (I only ordered the second time because it had been about two years and I had forgotten about my first problem with them.)

When I called them about my order they gave me the run around, refusing to refund my money even though I explained to them that I didn't want them to send me another bubble mailer with a pretty well worthless record inside. Finally they agreed to refund my money after about 20 minutes on the phone, and said "This is just a one time thing, we don't usually do this," to which I replied, "No problem, I won't be ordering from you again."

/rant

Anyway, sorry about that.

Haven't checked out the album yet but I love Cloud Nothings so I'll probably end up ordering this.

I can't justify ordering from gohastings any more.  I've ordered from them twice, and both times they sent the vinyl in a bubble mailer and the covers were incredibly jacked up. (I only ordered the second time because it had been about two years and I had forgotten about my first problem with them.)

When I called them about my order they gave me the run around, refusing to refund my money even though I explained to them that I didn't want them to send me another bubble mailer with a pretty well worthless record inside. Finally they agreed to refund my money after about 20 minutes on the phone, and said "This is just a one time thing, we don't usually do this," to which I replied, "No problem, I won't be ordering from you again."

/rant

Anyway, sorry about that.

Haven't checked out the album yet but I love Cloud Nothings so I'll probably end up ordering this.

Well, I hope that they don't send the record in a bubble mailer...good grief.  I will see and report back.  

Well, I hope that they don't send the record in a bubble mailer...good grief.  I will see and report back.  

GoHastings is super hit-and-miss with their shipping.  It sort of depends on who's packaging the order and their know-how of packaging, and also what materials they've got on hand.  I've read some horror stories and have seen some ghastly photos... but of my various orders with them, I've maybe received one corner ding over the years.  Many of my orders have shown up in awfully bare packaging with little to no transit damage, though.  I consider myself pretty lucky with those.