04/15/14: Afghan Whigs - Do To The Beast

xbpr

https://megamart.subpop.com/releases/the_afghan_whigs/do_to_the_beast

*Notice: LP First Pressing Issue* We have found that there is a flaw on side D of the first pressing of the vinyl edition of Do to the Beast. The 2xLP is currently out of stock, and we are working to fix the issue on all future pressings of the album. (There is no issue with the CD version.) If you pre-ordered the record from us here in the Sub Pop Mega Mart, please email us with your order number and shipping address and we will issue replacement records for the 2nd disc once they are available. 

And:

Just an update to everyone who has written about the defect on side D during the song Royal Cream. A new lacquer has been cut for side D and a new test pressing is being made to make sure that defect has been fixed. Once the new test is approved, our manufacturer will be pressing a quantity of replacement records for the 2nd disc only. Replacements for both the white Loser editions and black vinyl will be made. We will be sending replacement Loser editions to those of you who have written in reporting a defective copy ordered from Sub Pop’s Mega Mart as soon as we have them in stock. We’re not totally sure when that will be, but it should be in the next few weeks at best. Any copies purchased from other stores (online and physical) will need to be replaced/returned at the original point of sale, as we will only be replacing copies bought directly through SubPop.com. 

If you have not already done so, please include your name, order number, and shipping address you'd like the replacement sent to. Thanks for your understanding and patience while we work to make sure everyone gets taken care of during this unfortunate error. 

I do. White is the loser edition.

My black vinyl disc is noisy like others have said. Lots of pops and clicks. I also don't feel like it was mastered all that well, either, but I've only run through it once.

Cheers for that.    I had (wrongly) assumed that everyone was talking about the white version.

Oh, well that's disappointing news from Subpop.     I managed to call up the store where I ordered it, and the guy managed to intercept the parcel before it left.    Told them to send me Black Love instead!   :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Trace colors are not "normal" but they are common. Into vinyl? Get used to it, or better yet, enjoy it

thanks. and yeah, i've got the collector gene and a complete lack of willpower, so i'll do my best to enjoy it before the inevitable bankruptcy.

Mine definitely has some black flecks in it. 

As for the sound... I can't tell any difference from the version I had already, so maybe my second record was fine in the original package. Whatevs.

thanks. and your name has me listening to bone machine already.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A pic someone took at the first US show of this leg had that pentagram shirt and one with just the band name on it (in a nice font)...was hoping they'd bring some of the shirts from Euro leg over, but guess not...

Saw them on Saturday and they had several designs with them this time.

One seemed to be an American Airlines spoof