+Karma Train Giveaway [26] Circa Survive B-Sides + Marriages

Derek™

I believe I saw Derek say he is waiting for the influx of RSD sale threads to die down before getting things rolling again.

Truth.  It's getting to the point where this thread probably won't get washed too far from the first page in the initial giveaway announcement.  Which means that it can probably be resumed without an issue.

I'm ready to continue to Karma Train once Derek reaches out to me.

Just copy the info from the first post and PM me with the specifics.  (Item, cutoff time, requirements, etc.)  I'll edit the topic after you've decided on the finer details.

• 2 weeks later...

Truth.  It's getting to the point where this thread probably won't get washed too far from the first page in the initial giveaway announcement.  Which means that it can probably be resumed without an issue.

Just copy the info from the first post and PM me with the specifics.  (Item, cutoff time, requirements, etc.)  I'll edit the topic after you've decided on the finer details.

This going to start back up?

been silent for a bit. 

Hey guys - I think Kyle has been really busy and hasn't been able to ship out the record yet. Nevertheless, I actually received a spare copy of this record from my friend over the weekend, so I don't need this record anymore. Therefore, I told Kyle he's free to choose someone else once he's able to ship the record. Sorry for any confusion!

I was wondering that myself.  I contacted Kyle quite a while ago, to no avail.  I think I'm going to implement a new rule – the Karma Train will not resume with a new conductor until there's been confirmation that said conductor has had his or her record shipped to them.  It doesn't need to be an actual shipping confirmation, but this is the second time someone legitimately won the raffle but received nothing.  I understand if you have the best intentions but just get busy... however, it shouldn't take you a month to get a single LP mailed out.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't wait for permission. Just get this train chugging along again.

Consider it done. Let's get this thread moving again. I messaged Derek with the details, but ending Thursday the 22nd at noon, I will be picking someone to win a copy of Converge - Axe to Fall on white vinyl OR New Found Glory - Kill It Live on black/yellow. I will let the winner choose which record he/she would rather have.

I'm going to properly update the OP once I'm at my computer this afternoon... but yeah.  CoffeexZombie has generously decided to kick-start the thread.  Eager to see this thing get back on a roll.  I'll also be updating the official rules a bit, to protect winners from contributing without receiving anything in return.

Any deets on what happened to halt the train? Or is it not really important? Hope everyone got their stuff.

I'm not huge on either band so I won't be entering but it sounds like some sweet stuff. I always hear good things about Converge, just haven't given them a fair shake yet.

Converge are phenomenal, and Axe To Fall is personally the album that got me into them.  Just saying.

To answer your question, I'll simply say that the last winner failed to pay it forward, and lived up to his username as a result.  As such, he's joined one other member on the blacklist for this thread and its participation.  But dwelling on the negative is the last thing this thread is about, so I encourage everyone to not sweat it, and simply move on with the good vibes and giveaways.

Any deets on what happened to halt the train? Or is it not really important? Hope everyone got their stuff.

I'm not huge on either band so I won't be entering but it sounds like some sweet stuff. I always hear good things about Converge, just haven't given them a fair shake yet.

I'll answer this one.

I won the Bon Iver record from Corpse. I started my own giveaway and offered up Russian Circles. By the time my giveaway was done, I still hadn't received the record from Corpse. I checked his profile and he just straight up stopped logging in. Mind you, over a month had passed at this point. I didn't want to get boned two ways so I offered the Russian Circles record to Kyle_ftl if he simply covered shipping. Never heard back.

All in all this has left a really bad taste in my mouth. This is the fucking KARMA train for fuck's sake. Can't believe someone would be so low.

So to whomever won Kyle's record, if you didn't receive it, cut him some slack because he never got anything from me either. It's a wicked domino effect and we have Corpse to thank for that.