+Karma Train Giveaway [26] Circa Survive B-Sides + Marriages

Derek™

I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes or piss anyone off, but can we set a max time for a giveaway maybe? Like a week?

I personally think it shouldn't matter, unless it's outrageous. Kind of hard to be picky or impatient when you're getting something for free.

The current giver might have other life obligations or just wants everyone to have ample time to join.

I personally think it shouldn't matter, unless it's outrageous. Kind of hard to be picky or impatient when you're getting something for free.

The current giver might have other life obligations or just wants everyone to have ample time to join.

Right, I totally get where you are coming from and I respect your opinion but in this thread for instance, there was no activity for an entire week before today. But I can totally see where you are coming from with life obligations or just giving people ample time to enter.

not even participating in this one, but wanted to say that it seemed odd that this one went so long when the others seemed to be just a couple days apart.

While I totally agree that there should't be a rush on free things, putting a time limit (3-5 days, for instance) would keep the thread relevant and exciting. For a little while there it was at the top regularly. I think that sort of excitement and rapid turnover only helps everyone. Once you enter a drawing, there is virtually no reason to return to the thread unless you win or another record is announced. 

Nothing against the dude giving it away, I'm just thinking for the good of the universe. Just my $.02. Over and out. 

This. When you work for a living working the hours I do. Its kind of hard to keep up with these things. For those of you who understand good on you. For those of you who don't, why do you really care so much? Its free stuff.

This. When you work for a living working the hours I do. Its kind of hard to keep up with these things. For those of you who understand good on you. For those of you who don't, why do you really care so much? Its free stuff.

I didn't mean anything against you when I suggested that. I just was thrown off by it after the 8 previous giveaways that were just a few days.

Damn!  It's only ever for US residents :P

I've seen a few people who were not only willing to ship overseas, but who were also willing to subtract the $4 cost of US Media Mail shipping for the winner.  I'll agree that the Karma Train makes most of its stops over here in the US... but it'll be really interesting to see whether or not it'll bounce around between "UK only" members, eventually.