PO: Pink Floyd - Division Bell double vinyl reissue and box set

And...how does it sound??

YES! REVIEW PLEASE! WITH CHERRIES ON TOP!!!!! I wont get the pleasure until Thursday as I will be waiting out on the porch for UPS to arrive....

I actually came to the site just now because I thought "Hmm... I bet people are curious as to how it sounds" :D

I'm very pleased with the pressing/remaster. The pressing itself is VERY quiet across both LPs and the bonus disks. I honestly wasn't expecting much from the remaster as I've always thought the album sounded great in the first place, but it really sounds nice. Things like the intro to Wearing The Inside Out seem to have a lot more depth to them than I remember. Another point of interest is when the layers really start to form in the intro of Keep Talking. That song has always sounded much better to me on the the vinyl version of Pulse, but the studio version has the same depth now on this version. I listened to it all the way through around 3 times last night and never noticed any flaws or anything to complain about.

As for the bonus vinyl, I remembered that the 7" would have Astronomy Domine on the B-Side, but I'd totally forgotten about the live version of One Of These Days on the High Hopes 12" single. I used to have that CD single years back and I liked that version of the song better than the one that's on Pulse so it was a cool bonus of sorts. The etching/art thingy on the flip side of the High Hopes 12" is really cool looking too.

I think I covered everything, but if anyone has more questions or wants better pics of anything in the box, just let me know!

Got mine at 2nd and Charles with store credit B) happy camper

NICE!

Listened to it tonight. Sounds great to me. I probably don't have the ears for all of the nuances like some here, but it sounds just as good as the big 3 remasters do, IMO.

Gotta say, this is probably one of the cleanest sounding records I have, sounds excellent

I actually hadn't heard the entire album so listening to it for the first time was great

Glad to hear others think highly of it as well. I busted out Side D again last night and had it cranked louder than hell. I can't get over how clean and clear everything is.

Ya I must agree! I only spun side A last night and wow! It is crystal clear. I cranked it up and it had my whole house moving! I am very impressed with the quality. I guess I have been listening to a lot of older material lately because this sounded so much louder than other stuff I own. I still need to upgrade my system for vinyl since its primarily based on home theater but daaaamn I can't wait to get home and listen to the rest!

Finally got mine in the mail. It is incredible, the sound quality is outstanding. I was disappointed with sound stage direct at first because the corners were slightly bent and when I took out the records they were all dirty and scuffed, but they cleaned up nice and it plays great.

As for the new record, I read its mostly instrumental, based off recordings done during the Division Bell recording sessions. Roger Waters sadly isn't involved. When I first heard the news I thought for sure it was a joke, because I figured it meant Waters would be involved in it too. Anyways, very excited to hear it!