PO: Pink Floyd - Division Bell double vinyl reissue and box set

I saw this tour at Giants Stadium, NJ when I was 15. They were already my favorite band and still are, One of the best nights of my life. I had DB on cassette when it came out.

The 2xLP alone is a bit steep. The box is a deal though, peace that up on the cheap and you're only paying $20-25 for 2xLP. Hash it out however you like but this isn't unreasonable, $25 2xLP, $14 S-sided LP, $8 for each 7"(x2), $8 for each print(x5), $15 for the book, $14 for the cd/dvd and $10 for the box itself. Adding it up, these are the most inexpensive, mainstream records I've ever bought. I wish they would've gone all bunddled boxset crazy with their other albums. I wonder if that's some kind of Gilmour-Waters "thing"...

I'm annoyed cause I want the shirt and the difference between amazon box and the PF store box bundle make it $80. 

The Final Cut.  And Animals.  Animals all the way.

check out...

Animals

Music from the film More

Obscured by Clouds

Piper at the Gates of Dawn

I may be one of the few people who would actually suggest Atom Heart Mother too. Animals is a must though, and I don't see Wish you were here anywhere in your post either

I think that almost covered all of them lol Listening to Piper now

A better question would be, what album is not worth listening until later? i know I'll get to all of them eventually but just for my curiosity.

Looks killer, been listening to a lot of PF since this was announced. I had only listened to DSOTM and the wall so I tried Meddle and the one after that. Any go-to albums I should listen to?

Amazing no one mentioned this, but since no one did:

WISH YOU WERE HERE.

That one and Animals remain my two absolute favorites, but I honestly love everything from Meddle through The Wall.

(The earlier, more spacey psychedelic Floyd isn't bad but not something I play a lot.)

• 3 weeks later...

I actually sent Brain Damage the info from this thread when it was posted :) They said they've heard about this for a while but nothing's ever been confirmed :/ You're right though, if/when they ever report it, it will be 100% confirmed.

Me too!! I finally grabbed "More" over the weekend. I still want to get Saucerful and Atom Heart but I really want to hold off on TDB for a while to see if anything comes of this.

just get "a nice pair", its cheaper than buying them both separately and just as good.

just get "a nice pair", its cheaper than buying them both separately and just as good.

I've since picked up Atom Heart Mother but still haven't grabbed the first two. I keep thinking of doing what you're suggesting and just picking up A Nice Pair since it's cheaper as you said. It's also a lot easier to come by from what I've seen as well.

I've personally never seen any of the albums before Meddle except for Ummagumma. Have to resort to eBay soon...as a big Floyd fan I really need them all. With this division bell release I'll have all but a couple early ones. Will have all of the Gilmore and Waters solo albums too once Amused to Death is finally done!

At this point do you still think Amused to Death is coming? I've had it preordered from Amazon for close to a year now.

I've had it preordered through Sound Stage Direct for about a year and a half. The new release date says 9/23/2014, but who knows. All I know is that I love this album and its worth the wait. As long as it DOES eventually get finished I'll be very glad I waited.

I preordered with best buy since I had a ton of reward certs and mine shipped this morning! I may even have it before release day and look forward to cleaning and spinning it immediately! Fingers crossed it doesn't get destroyed by UPS in transit

Best Buy has good packaging, I'm sure you'll be fine!