PO now: Iron and Wine - Archive Series Volume 1

Maybe you can answer this for me seeing as most I&W forums are dead now. How many unreleased sessions does he have? I have had three since the beginning of whenever. They are labeled September 2001 sessions, October 2002 sessions and Unknown Sessions (this has California and Blackbirds - but a slightly different one than the one on this Official release). I know there are more tunes out there because I've seen another disc track listing and many of these Vol 1 songs have been out there for years.

The problem is people have given so many different names to the same collection of songs. Here is what I have for his "early" pre/post Creek Drank The Cradle period:

Early Sessions 2000 (very small collection)

Home Recordings 2001 (decent collection)

Home Recordings 2002 (decent collection) 

2002 Tour EP (small collection)

Unreleased Demos (a large collection)

Thats about 50-60 songs...Majority are solo acoustic with a few having a drummer or second instrument. Hope this helps...I mean if you really want to know I can make a list of the individual songs. I don't really want to as it will take a little, but PM me if needed! 

The problem is people have given so many different names to the same collection of songs. Here is what I have for his "early" pre/post Creek Drank The Cradle period:

Early Sessions 2000 (very small collection)

Home Recordings 2001 (decent collection)

Home Recordings 2002 (decent collection) 

2002 Tour EP (small collection)

Unreleased Demos (a large collection)

Thats about 50-60 songs...Majority are solo acoustic with a few having a drummer or second instrument. Hope this helps...I mean if you really want to know I can make a list of the individual songs. I don't really want to as it will take a little, but PM me if needed! 

No this info alone is super great. Thanks! Pretty sure I have all of those except the large collection.

From the Billboard article/interview:

How did you edit them? Are there more?

We mastered them to balance the levels so it felt like a cohesive thing. Since they were songs pulled from the same batch, it would make sense to make them sound the same. We're definitely planning on making [The Archive Series] a thing, but I'm not sure how consistent it'll be. There's still a lot more of these songs, but I couldn't put them all out because there's too much; it would be cruel to people. You have to be a nice host. We were talking the other day with Calexico about doing more recordings, other versions of songs we recorded with them. It presents itself as an opportunity for all these things to come out.

What other releases are coming out?

I did a record of covers with Ben Bridwell from Band of Horses. He and I grew up together, so we've been trying to find the time to do something together. I'm working on an album of album of duets with Jesca Hoop. And we're always working on new Iron & Wine stuff. We're probably going to start recording that end of summer, early fall. This felt like a nice little window to put out older material.

No this info alone is super great. Thanks! Pretty sure I have all of those except the large collection.

the Large collection is a lot of repeats from the 2001 and 2002 home collection but defiantly has like 10-12 extra tracks....but I did notice that the archive vol 1 has TWO songs that were not in any of those collections...so there are defiantly some songs that will surface thourgh this that have never been heard by diehards...

My white LP was just delivered. So far so good (quiet and flat). Packaging is standard (gatefold/printed inners). Here is the Signed Flat that came with it.

Man, I was really bummed to open mine and not have that signed screenprint. I'm such a Sam Beam-nerd.  Thanks for posting.  Love to have another record of his to spin and add to my collection

https://sakistore.net/mailorder/product_info.php?products_id=77854

For those looking, Saki apparently has white copies in stock. I haven't ordered from them before but placed an order for this and got a shipping notification. Little over $23 shipped.

Hey, you rock.

I got a paypal confirmation email but when I returned to site I had an error page. I hope it went through.