Apple Music

Launches June 30th

Single Person - $9.99/Month

Family Plan - $14.99/Month

Also has a "Connect" feature which is similar to blogging where an artist you follow can share new music, photos, messages.

What does everyone think so far? Very similar to other streaming services like Spotify and Rdio but I've always dug apples music service.

I'm on the fence whether I'll pay for it after the free months. Did they say if it includes offline-downloading for mobile or is it streaming only? I'd prefer not to waste my data cap listening to music in my car. That's the main reason why I don't bother with Pandora/Spotify Mobile much.

And as for the Connect- I doubt many of the artists/bands I listen to will even bother to participate. It really seems more like a "top tier/mainstream" feature.

EDIT - Apple updated their site with an FAQ- and yes, offline saving/playback is included. It also says that Apple Music and iTunes Match are separate and complementary to each other. I can't really think of a reason why you'd need both...

The people on the Macrumors forums are arguing about it, too. Apple's site says access to the tens of millions of tracks in the Apple Music Library, which people are saying could be different from the iTunes Store Library. There might be some omissions, but we won't know for sure until launch, I guess..

spotify offers discounts for students or teachers etc. I'm only paying $4 for premium.

but as mentioned no Apple TV app. but I just AirPlay it anyhow.

I assume iTunes would like to get established before offering discounts but they have the money to do it now. spotify was a stand alone so I applaud it.

I'm about saving money. in the end, streaming sites will pretty much be the same. not an audiophile so it's whatever.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this going to come as a downloadable app? Or part of some sort of software upgrade for iPhone users?

It's a whole revamped music app that's part of iOS 8.4.

So I'm still confused about the whole Apple Music/iTunes Match stuff, but I think I sorta understand it a little better. From what I read this morning, they both have the same basic feature, but I think Apple Music will only match songs in that service's library. So for example, if you had a low-res Beatles album, it won't match with Apple Music, but it will with iTunes Match. I could be totally wrong, but that's the only way I could see them saying the two services work independently but complementary with each other. I guess we'll all find out tomorrow.

What didn't you like about it? I love spotify

I still use it at work, so my harsh sentiment towards spotify wasn't all that serious. I ditched it because I purchased the 5 bucks a month subscription about two years ago and when they dropped that subscription mode (there's only free or 10$ a month since) I wasn't able to use mobile devices ad-free anymore. I felt it was pretty rude and unjustified to just change things up without telling the customers. I didn't feel like giving in to their methods so I cancelled my subscription.