PO || SUMAC - What One Becomes

38 minutes ago, davepriz said:

I wonder what they will have on tour. Looks like I'll be hitting 4 shows!

Four shows seems excessive, but then I remember that it's Sumac.  I'm stoked on my one-and-only, coming up here in a few weeks.  I'm curious to see what they'll have on tour, across the board – vinyl or otherwise.

And.  Unrelated, but have I ever commented on your record collection, Dave?  It features an appalling amount of overlap with my own.  I found myself grinning like an idiot just scrolling down it.

On 5/13/2016 at 1:37 PM, fizio59 said:

Wow, how did you do that? And what about how it sounds? Tell us something about the album ;)

//

The transucent red variant is sold out, black is now available.

The album is really good. The LP plays nicely. The mastering is really well done. No inner groove distortion. I've actually only played the LP once but I've listened to the CD 1000 times by now.

21 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Four shows seems excessive, but then I remember that it's Sumac.  I'm stoked on my one-and-only, coming up here in a few weeks.  I'm curious to see what they'll have on tour, across the board – vinyl or otherwise.

And.  Unrelated, but have I ever commented on your record collection, Dave?  It features an appalling amount of overlap with my own.  I found myself grinning like an idiot just scrolling down it.

Yeah, the tour lined up with a random vacation week I requested months ago. I'm going to be camping and exploring all around southern Oregon and Northern California while catching 4 of the shows. I'll be ending in San Francisco and then heading back to Portland either Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks for the compliment on the collection. I also haven't even updated that list in 2 or 3 years so it's even much better now.

1 hour ago, davepriz said:

Yeah, the tour lined up with a random vacation week I requested months ago. I'm going to be camping and exploring all around southern Oregon and Northern California while catching 4 of the shows. I'll be ending in San Francisco and then heading back to Portland either Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks for the compliment on the collection. I also haven't even updated that list in 2 or 3 years so it's even much better now.

That's amazing.  Sounds like a great overlap with your vacation; arguably meant to be.  If you'll be at that Chico show, you ought to hit me up and say hello.

The show was soo good. They only played about 40 minutes and I was fully prepared for another 30. Aaron had so much more energy on stage this tour and they sounded impeccably tight on their older tracks. Was really hoping for the silver on tour because I thought I read that however I was told it was either black or red and Brian wasn't sure. Also, a bunch of vinyl including the newly repressed These Arms Are Snakes. Well, 3 more shows for me and no complaints!

2 hours ago, davepriz said:

The show was soo good. They only played about 40 minutes and I was fully prepared for another 30. Aaron had so much more energy on stage this tour and they sounded impeccably tight on their older tracks. Was really hoping for the silver on tour because I thought I read that however I was told it was either black or red and Brian wasn't sure. Also, a bunch of vinyl including the newly repressed These Arms Are Snakes. Well, 3 more shows for me and no complaints!

Was there too. I'm wondering if the band before played too long and sumac had to cut the set short because they stopped right at midnight. Feeling kind of burned since I drove 3 hours and they only played 4 songs. I'm fairly confident that wasn't their fault though. I don't regret going though. The songs are amazing live and the new album is glorious. 

27 minutes ago, Fridge Fox said:

Was there too. I'm wondering if the band before played too long and sumac had to cut the set short because they stopped right at midnight. Feeling kind of burned since I drove 3 hours and they only played 4 songs. I'm fairly confident that wasn't their fault though. I don't regret going though. The songs are amazing live and the new album is glorious. 

Yeah it was weird that they ended at 12 on the dot and Brian was literally selling merch before Aaron even had his guitar off.

11 hours ago, davepriz said:

Yeah it was weird that they ended at 12 on the dot and Brian was literally selling merch before Aaron even had his guitar off.

Definitely felt a little gypped. The energy was peaking after they played The Deal, I was fully prepared for at least another song or 2. Still stoked to have been there, Clutch Of Oblivion had me literally giggling at it's unrelenting ferocity. I hope they play out again soon.

Edited by jaymond00

I had to make two different orders for the clear/t-shirt bundle and for the red. The red should be delivered today or tomorrow but I haven't received any shipping notification for the clear/t-shirt yet. Do any one who ordered the bundle too or even only the t-shirt got shipping notification for that? My feeling is that they don't have t-shirts yet.