patreeeek

PO: The War On Drugs - A Deeper Understanding

nope, 33rpm. Can only speak for EU standard black (couldn't pass it up for 18€), but it does indeed sound amazing. If you were wondering about 45rpm with regard to quality, I can assure you that this record sounds at least equally as good as most of the 45rpm records that I can remember.

52 minutes ago, poweredbytrust said:

nope, 33rpm. Can only speak for EU standard black (couldn't pass it up for 18€), but it does indeed sound amazing. If you were wondering about 45rpm with regard to quality, I can assure you that this record sounds at least equally as good as most of the 45rpm records that I can remember.

I'm actually more worried because changing speeds on my Orbit is a bit of a pain lol.  Most of the time if I'm playing 45 RPM and I forget to move the belt back and it sits to long it's very hard to get back on 33 unless it sits for a couple minutes.  

Listened to my VMP copy for the first time today. Noticed Side A/B are pressed slighty off center and the disc is warped, but still sounds good. Side C has some weird pressing sound issues towards the end of Thinking Of A Place and in spots in In Chains. Really disappointing because it's distracting and seems like something that would effect all copies so idk if requesting a replacement would matter. Side D has no issues.

2 hours ago, wiscodeman said:

Listened to my VMP copy for the first time today. Noticed Side A/B are pressed slighty off center and the disc is warped, but still sounds good. Side C has some weird pressing sound issues towards the end of Thinking Of A Place and in spots in In Chains. Really disappointing because it's distracting and seems like something that would effect all copies so idk if requesting a replacement would matter. Side D has no issues.

All War on Drugs vinyl is pressed off center.  Every. Single. Album. Secretly Canadian releases are known for it.

14 hours ago, wiscodeman said:

Side C has some weird pressing sound issues towards the end of Thinking Of A Place and in spots in In Chains. Really disappointing because it's distracting and seems like something that would effect all copies so idk if requesting a replacement would matter. Side D has no issues.

After getting around to it, my side C also has slight crackling in parts, which a brand new record should never have in 2017. It's not unlistenable, just a "really?" thing. Wouldn't waste my time on a replacement, willing to bet ALL of them have it to some extent.

On 9/18/2017 at 9:39 PM, zdkaiser said:

All War on Drugs vinyl is pressed off center.  Every. Single. Album. Secretly Canadian releases are known for it.

I've got two copies of Lost in a Dream and both are crap because of the pressing being off center.  However, they're not on Secretly Canadian for A Deeper Understanding, they're on Atlantic.

On 9/6/2017 at 11:00 AM, YouTwo said:

I'm actually more worried because changing speeds on my Orbit is a bit of a pain lol.  Most of the time if I'm playing 45 RPM and I forget to move the belt back and it sits to long it's very hard to get back on 33 unless it sits for a couple minutes.  

was the exact reason I didn't get an Orbit.