Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
FlippingOut

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, MayCauseDeath said:

I might throw 100$ towards it, what do you use to purchase currencies, any recommendations? I haven't purchased something since 2012 when I bought bitcoins back then (sold them years ago) but haven't purchased anything since. 

I do it the easiest way, which probably costs me a little bit more in fees, but still isn't much. You can buy any of the big 4 on Coinbase, transfer them over to Cryptonator, and exchange them for Bytecoin there.

 

Coinbase has a backlog of transactions they're working with now, so it's taking a while to transfer though. I'm waiting on one so I can get another batch of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I do it the easiest way, which probably costs me a little bit more in fees, but still isn't much. You can buy any of the big 4 on Coinbase, transfer them over to Cryptonator, and exchange them for Bytecoin there.

 

Coinbase has a backlog of transactions they're working with now, so it's taking a while to transfer though. I'm waiting on one so I can get another batch of them.

so you cant buy bytecoin from the start? you would buy let say $50 worth of bitcoin and then exchange them for bytecoin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I do it the easiest way, which probably costs me a little bit more in fees, but still isn't much. You can buy any of the big 4 on Coinbase, transfer them over to Cryptonator, and exchange them for Bytecoin there.

 

Coinbase has a backlog of transactions they're working with now, so it's taking a while to transfer though. I'm waiting on one so I can get another batch of them.

 

2 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

so you cant buy bytecoin from the start? you would buy let say $50 worth of bitcoin and then exchange them for bytecoin?

Thanks to the helpful advice from @The Ghost of Randy Savage I did exactly what he mentioned and it was fairly easy after wrapping my head around the whole process. There are a number of different exchanges, but most of the other others one i looked at required all types of personal info. Coinbase lets you just sign up and then buy either Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, or Litecoin with a credit card or bank account. I personally bought Ethereum cause i liked the name and it seemed to be doing well. I also signed up for a Cryptonator account and then transferred the ethereum to a digital wallet there. Through Cryptonator you can then exchange whatever you transferred in for any number of currencies. Bytecoin is just over a cent, so i assume there is fair amount of growth potential. People are talking up Ripple, but oddly the Ripple exchange has been down for a day or two. If you use your credit card through coinbase it might get flagged by the card provider, so you might have to redo the purchase after  vouching  for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2018 at 4:02 PM, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I do it the easiest way, which probably costs me a little bit more in fees, but still isn't much. You can buy any of the big 4 on Coinbase, transfer them over to Cryptonator, and exchange them for Bytecoin there.

 

Coinbase has a backlog of transactions they're working with now, so it's taking a while to transfer though. I'm waiting on one so I can get another batch of them.

Curious as to what drew you towards Cryptonator. Altcoin exchange sites are so iffy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So a friend of mine last summer was showing me a bit about how cryptocurrencies work, and sent me 0.2 Ethereum (back when it was worth about $100/ETH). Forgot about it but opened it last week to find that the amount he sent is worth about $200 or so now. So I figure I'm going to use that to play around for a bit, see where it goes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sidney Crosley said:

So a friend of mine last summer was showing me a bit about how cryptocurrencies work, and sent me 0.2 Ethereum (back when it was worth about $100/ETH). Forgot about it but opened it last week to find that the amount he sent is worth about $200 or so now. So I figure I'm going to use that to play around for a bit, see where it goes. 

Do it. There was a huge adjustment to just about all of them recently that made prices drop. It's a goo time to buy. Looks like they're just starting to turn up again today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Do it. There was a huge adjustment to just about all of them recently that made prices drop. It's a goo time to buy. Looks like they're just starting to turn up again today.

Yup - put it into Cryptonator and spreading it across a few different currencies.

 

Was it you talking about Ripple? What's its deal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sidney Crosley said:

Yup - put it into Cryptonator and spreading it across a few different currencies.

 

Was it you talking about Ripple? What's its deal?

Ripple is alright, it's around $2.50 now and I don't see it ever really getting over $5. I'm all about bytecoin right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Ripple is alright, it's around $2.50 now and I don't see it ever really getting over $5. I'm all about bytecoin right now

If I could've bought Ripple back when I originally signed up  it would've been under $1!

 

What site are you using for Bytecoin transactions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, nickj said:

If I could've bought Ripple back when I originally signed up  it would've been under $1!

 

What site are you using for Bytecoin transactions?

 

On 1/5/2018 at 4:32 PM, deadreckoning said:

 

Thanks to the helpful advice from @The Ghost of Randy Savage I did exactly what he mentioned and it was fairly easy after wrapping my head around the whole process. There are a number of different exchanges, but most of the other others one i looked at required all types of personal info. Coinbase lets you just sign up and then buy either Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, or Litecoin with a credit card or bank account. I personally bought Ethereum cause i liked the name and it seemed to be doing well. I also signed up for a Cryptonator account and then transferred the ethereum to a digital wallet there. Through Cryptonator you can then exchange whatever you transferred in for any number of currencies. Bytecoin is just over a cent, so i assume there is fair amount of growth potential. People are talking up Ripple, but oddly the Ripple exchange has been down for a day or two. If you use your credit card through coinbase it might get flagged by the card provider, so you might have to redo the purchase after  vouching  for it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got money in Kin, Ripple (bought in around a little over $1), and FunFair. And then Ethereum to balance it all out. Keeping it in MEW and sitting back for my own sake. A buddy of mine gives me tips and did so last year on ETH but I didn't listen cause I find the whole thing to be wicked stressful. But once I saw the money he was making, I had to bite. Luckily I did in time to see a decent profit. Maybe I'll get in on some Bytecoin too while I can since they have a secure wallet app. Can't recommend those things enough. But if anonymous crypto is the future and Bytecoin can become like Monero, I'm into it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Completely new to this, any reason to invest in Bytecoin over the others? @The Ghost of Randy Savage

Nah, it's a "privacy coin" so it's one of the more anonymous ones, and it was around half a cent when I went in on it. Seems like it has no place to go but up, and they're trying to get it on some of the more major exchanges, which should make it got up in price.

 

The biggest suggestion I can make to people is to do a little research and pick a coin you believe in. That's why I went with bytecoin and ripple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Nah, it's a "privacy coin" so it's one of the more anonymous ones, and it was around half a cent when I went in on it. Seems like it has no place to go but up, and they're trying to get it on some of the more major exchanges, which should make it got up in price.

 

The biggest suggestion I can make to people is to do a little research and pick a coin you believe in. That's why I went with bytecoin and ripple.

got it. Started to setup my coinbase account and its asking for photo ID. Anyone else run into that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been buying and trading since the post-Thanksgiving fun fest, and today was pretty rough. But, I started the day off four digits in the red and now I'm back in black. If I didn't buy Tron and Litecoin at the exact wrong times I'd be faring a lot better. Riding it out to see where it all goes. Might check out Bytecoin now that it's below a penny again and Poloniex finally let me in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×