Five Iron Frenzy fans UNITE!

Yeah, i was just joking around. i remember Reese saying that the DVD would be out soon after they broke up, and we all know that didn't happen. i'm sure they'll have the album out within a reasonable amount of time.

I think the people complaining about the band making/charging so much money on their Kickstarter are forgetting that the band wasn't expecting this to get so huge. They weren't expecting to raise $30,000 in 55 minutes. Plus, I really do agree with another person's post about how the money is going to be used to help them tour and play shows--all without the support of a label. They're going to use the money honestly and while it's a bit silly to pay $50 for a CD (I did the $50 vinyl option, which is much better obviously), this just shows the band how much support there is for a reunion and a new album. It's all good.

People need to realize that when you donate money through Kickstarter, it's different than a pre-order. The rewards you get are just that—bonuses for donating certain levels of money to a cause you believe in. The Forecast recently did a Kickstarter to raise money to fund their next album, and the fiancee and I donated $500—not necessarily to get all the rewards that came with that donation level, but because they are close, dear friends of ours and we wanted to support them as much as we could.

That's the idea behind Kickstarter. It's people supporting other people and the projects they believe in. It's not just meant to be some convenient new way of pre-ordering a record.

People need to realize that when you donate money through Kickstarter, it's different than a pre-order. The rewards you get are just that—bonuses for donating certain levels of money to a cause you believe in. The Forecast recently did a Kickstarter to raise money to fund their next album, and the fiancee and I donated $500—not necessarily to get all the rewards that came with that donation level, but because they are close, dear friends of ours and we wanted to support them as much as we could.

That's the idea behind Kickstarter. It's people supporting other people and the projects they believe in. It's not just meant to be some convenient new way of pre-ordering a record.

Yeah, exactly. If it were 15 bucks for an LP they're not actually making any (much?) money.

I'm starting to understand what you guys are saying to a large extent. For me personally, I've rarely seen KickStarters that act as anything more THAN pre-orders (mind you, those are the majority doing it wrong) so it's easy to look at this and equate FIF's KS with the same shenanigans which obviously isn't fair to them.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, i cancelled my pledge after considering the price tag ($50) and hoping that there will be larger pressing. i love FIF, but $50 right now is too much for an LP that may never come out.

i dunno.. Justin and I just had a KS go way better than we ever imagined.. and we thought it was a far stretch to sell LPs for $20PPD... and now we're giving everyone a free awesome 7" to go with that to make up for all the support we got... if we got the type of funding that FIF got... i could have literally reissued almost the entire moon ska catalog in one fall swoop.. and given everyone a ton of free shit... gotta be a little more reasonable with the rewards

I don't care about this anymore but I've started following FIF on FB and they have a campaign to get them on Conan. I actually think that's really cool. O'Brien always seemed like the most down-to-earth talk show and had Blindside, MXPX, NOFX, Modest Mouse before anybody else so this would be plausible. Hope it happens for them.

Guest mellietronx
I don't care about this anymore but I've started following FIF on FB and they have a campaign to get them on Conan. I actually think that's really cool. O'Brien always seemed like the most down-to-earth talk show and had Blindside, MXPX, NOFX, Modest Mouse before anybody else so this would be plausible. Hope it happens for them.

MxPx was on there? I'd like to see that episode one day.

MxPx was on there? I'd like to see that episode one day.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2azel_mxpx-responsibility-live-on-conan-o_music

• 1 month later...