Thrice Farewell Tour

cesar11

Saw them last night in New Orleans. Nothing off Earth or Identity Crisis, and no B-sides >:( Most of the set was good, but the big M/m-Beggars-Air block in the middle of the set really ground the show to a halt.

Set went approximately like this:

Yellow Belly

Image of the Invisible

The Artist in the Ambulance

Kill Me Quickly

Under a Killing Moon

Silhouette

In Exile

The Weight

Promises

Daedalus

Words in the Water

Of Dust and Nations

Red Sky

The Earth Will Shake (w/ O'Brother drum semi-circle)

The Messenger

The Whaler

Stare at the Sun

Deadbolt

So Strange That I Remember You

To Awake and Avenge the Dead

Beggars

Encore:

Anthology

Didn't stick around for a potential acoustic set. Show ended at 1:30, I had a 90 minute drive ahead of me, and I've seen Dustin acoustic before.

Saw them last night in New Orleans. Nothing off Earth or Identity Crisis, and no B-sides >:( Most of the set was good, but the big M/m-Beggars-Air block in the middle of the set really ground the show to a halt.

Yellow Belly

Image of the Invisible

Kill Me Quickly

Under a Killing Moon

Silhouette

In Exile

The Weight

Promises

Daedalus

Words in the Water

Of Dust and Nations

Red Sky

The Messenger

The Whaler

Stare at the Sun

Deadbolt

Beggars

Encore:

Anthology

Didn't stick around for a potential acoustic set. Show ended at 1:30, I had a 90 minute drive ahead of me, and I've seen Dustin acoustic before.

I like MM and beggars quite a bit for what they are but I think they should have played maybe 1 song max off of each for this tour - or bust out songs they seem to never play from those records (disarmed, wood and wire, etc.) They've spent the last 4 yrs playing the majority of those songs on tour. I know I'm just griping and the show was still a lot of fun but I dont think it was as heavy on the old stuff as they made it sound like it would be.

Ha. I kind of forgot about the show last night. I had to work overnight anyway and it started so damn late.

Yeah, O'Brother didn't go on until almost 10. That was a rough drive home!

When you come over to the show, let me know. I'll be more inclined to go out if I know someone there.

Yellow Belly

Image of the Invisible

Kill Me Quickly

Under a Killing Moon

Silhouette

In Exile

The Weight

Promises

Daedalus

Words in the Water

Of Dust and Nations

Red Sky

The Messenger

The Whaler

Stare at the Sun

Deadbolt

Beggars

Encore:

Anthology

They didn't play So Strange That I Remember You. I was standing right above the stage and could read Dustin's setlist. The encore was supposed to be Come All You Weary, Phoenix Ignition, and T & C. I assume they cut it short since it was so late. A little disappointing but still a good show.

You don't want to hang out with smailtronic. Trust me.

You don't want to hang out with Cactusbot either. Unless there's pizza around to distract him.

They didn't play So Strange That I Remember You. I was standing right above the stage and could read Dustin's setlist.

Thanks for clarifying. I would've sworn I heard it, but that must've been my brain tricking me into thinking I heard more songs that I actually wanted to hear.

so, im in northern virginia right outside of DC right now...howard theatre seems to have sold out in DC, so i got 3 tickets to lancaster, PA. me and my buddy are going, but dont have a car, so if you are from the maryland/northern virginia area and are willing to carpool up, i will provide your ticket.

let me know!

2nd night in Santa Ana added.

" Hey friends, It blows our minds that we have sold through five hometown shows (including LA) on this Farewell tour. We are truly humbled by that fact, and we’re truly grateful for the outpouring of support you’ve shown us. Despite having five hometown shows, we’ve noticed that many people have mentioned that they were unable to get tickets to these shows. That said, we’ve decided to add one final SoCal show on this tour at the Observatory on June 19th. It will be us on our own, no support bands, and we’ll be breaking the set up into two pieces separated by a special acoustic intermission. As many of you know, cancer has affected each of our lives recently, and we felt it would be fitting to donate a portion of the proceeds from this show toStandUp2Cancer. We hope you can make it out, and can’t thank you enough for making this all possible. Love, Thrice"

2nd night in Santa Ana added.

" Hey friends, It blows our minds that we have sold through five hometown shows (including LA) on this Farewell tour. We are truly humbled by that fact, and we’re truly grateful for the outpouring of support you’ve shown us. Despite having five hometown shows, we’ve noticed that many people have mentioned that they were unable to get tickets to these shows. That said, we’ve decided to add one final SoCal show on this tour at the Observatory on June 19th. It will be us on our own, no support bands, and we’ll be breaking the set up into two pieces separated by a special acoustic intermission. As many of you know, cancer has affected each of our lives recently, and we felt it would be fitting to donate a portion of the proceeds from this show toStandUp2Cancer. We hope you can make it out, and can’t thank you enough for making this all possible. Love, Thrice"

Im going to the first Observatory show and was stoked that it was the "final" show and them adding one after kinda bums me out. Totally selfish, I know. Its awesome that they are donating the proceeds to a cancer charity though. Im gonna try and get tix to that second show as well. Any on sale info?

O'Brother and AAL both played 30-minute sets last night in FTL. And they were damn good. I was kinda taking jabs at both on twitter but in the end I was very impressed by them. Solid bands.

I'm seeing this craziness again tonight in Orlando. If anyone is there...I see Catalinacaper is...look for the dude in red shirt and cargo shorts and long-ass scraggly beard goatee thing. And the sideburns...can't forger those. And a few beers into things. Ha!