Tidal Wave

Smallgrass: VC Official Bluegrass & Small Talk Thread

So one of the perks of quitting booze for the year is the alcohol withdraw that I've been having for the past week.  At first I thought it was the flu as I was waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, feeling like the room was spinning.  Seriously, this is fucking awful, I wouldn't wish this upon anybody.

Does anyone know why my 20 year old brother would be jumping around in his room at 4 am? He spends a lot of time on the computer.

Well my wife asked him when we were all in the car yesterday and he avoided the question. Mom was there and made a joke about dancing and Michelle Obama fitness plan for kids on computers. Maybe she knows since they usually live together…

Fuck I hate the holidays.  Or more accurately I hate the social obligations that go along with the Holiday.  Or perhaps more accurately I hate being a crazy person.

Christmas is the one day a year I where I force myself to see most of my family.  It's never a terrible thing it's just a never ending chain of generic conversation.  What always has puzzled me though is how I can get so exhausted after going to social situations like this.  Whenever I have something like this, or a family wedding or another similar social engagement I am exhausted after it. 

Today after 4 hours of sitting / standing around chit-chatting I am simply physically exhausted.  I feel the same as when I get done from a day of Ultimate Frisbee.  How is it that simply talking can physically exhaust me?

I was too. But it got so bad I wouldn't leave the house for months. That's a problem.

Palms would sweat. Heart would pound. Fear conquered all. I missed out on a lot of family events I will never get back.

Xanax has given me confidence and it does it without making me numb. It will knock your ass out if you don't really need it. But when you know you have to go out, take a halfsies and you're good to go.