VC Fantasy Baseball League slots

we have started a keeper league with members from the MLB Thread on yahoo! fantasy baseball, and we have three slots open.  This is a free league, nothing but for the fun of it, and anyone who might be interested in joining has to be willing to keep with it all season.  It is set up, currently, with standard stats in a head-to-head format with an extra DL slot, with a planned draft during the final week of March (date to be determined).  if you're interested, post here, but you have to be active on here/check messages/respond and shit leading up to the draft, and throughout the season.  No dead weight, thats the worst. 

Me

chamb117

stl_ben

fredrico0012

jhook

TheMoosen

Lemongoat

Ian Rees

brock309

jeffersonhowell

you can change line up's daily, but I sort of expect at a minimum for members to change their line up every week.  what I dont want to see happen is people have three slots on the pitching section filled with players on the DL or NA.  minimum of a weekly update, but you'll be able to alter your line up every day.

I'm in if...

Daily updates are allowed.

No (or a crazy high) limit on roster moves.

We have at least three DL spots.

daily updates are allowed

there will be a limit on roster moves in a week, the league will agree on the limit, currently set a 4 add/drops in a week, but that can go up, but there will be a limit.  you draft a team for the season, you dont game the league by add/dropping every day to pad stats

currently 2 DL spots, but we can add a 3rd by dropping down to 1 UTIL, or dropping a bench spot.  again, I dont want to create a league where players are hoarded in DL, and not re-activated to keep them off the market.  Ive been in leagues where this has happened, and its annoying as fuck to see Tex or Arod sitting on someones DL because they dont want to drop someone else to make room on the roster for them

Couple things. Adding and dropping daily/streaming pitchers/etc never really works out. You may stream pitchers to boost your Ks, but you're gonna take a hit in ERA/WHIP to go along with it. But having to ration our moves, especially early in the season when you're figuring out players, is the worst. I'd be cool with 5-6 weekly moves. Most weeks it's not a problem, but early, or later when you have those multiple freak injuries, or a bunch of players you're interested in become available, it's more of a hindrance than a help.

How many teams will be in the league? If we're talking 12-14, and you use the full slate of roster positions (isn't it like 28 or 30?) you should be able to have a pile of DL spots, and a pile of bench spots. A major part of roster management is picking out those NA minor leaguers, or injured guys that just might pay off a couple months down the line. Also, if someone sits on a recovered DL player (keeping them on the DL), yahoo doesn't let them make any other moves. At all. I've done it once or twice, but it's usually because I can't make any other moves for the week. So I'm stuck waiting for Monday when I can drop somebody else and move player X back into my lineup.The only time you really see recovered DL players still on the DL is when the managers have abandoned their teams.

league wont be super competitive, but one thing I forgot to mention, its set up so that once we lock in the teams, you will be able to trade future draft picks for players, this is something that I am testing out to see if we can keep this league together beyond one year.  its not set in stone, but its an idea that might be pretty cool and something new YAHOO! is offering.

Couple things. Adding and dropping daily/streaming pitchers/etc never really works out. You may stream pitchers to boost your Ks, but you're gonna take a hit in ERA/WHIP to go along with it. But having to ration our moves, especially early in the season when you're figuring out players, is the worst. I'd be cool with 5-6 weekly moves. Most weeks it's not a problem, but early, or later when you have those multiple freak injuries, or a bunch of players you're interested in become available, it's more of a hindrance than a help.

How many teams will be in the league? If we're talking 12-14, and you use the full slate of roster positions (isn't it like 28 or 30?) you should be able to have a pile of DL spots, and a pile of bench spots. A major part of roster management is picking out those NA minor leaguers, or injured guys that just might pay off a couple months down the line. Also, if someone sits on a recovered DL player (keeping them on the DL), yahoo doesn't let them make any other moves. At all. I've done it once or twice, but it's usually because I can't make any other moves for the week. So I'm stuck waiting for Monday when I can drop somebody else and move player X back into my lineup.The only time you really see recovered DL players still on the DL is when the managers have abandoned their teams.

10 team league, we'll probably expand the bench a player or two because of that.  DL will stay at 2.

league will be doing AVG and not OBP, but we might add an offensive and pitching stat to make it 6x6, head to head points.

Couple things. Adding and dropping daily/streaming pitchers/etc never really works out. You may stream pitchers to boost your Ks, but you're gonna take a hit in ERA/WHIP to go along with it. 

This is highly league specific. I have been in leagues where I could win every week with nothing but 5th starters vs. aces if I am allowed to stream everyday and the other guy had to just leave his lineup alone.

So I'm In! Not sure who is running it (Mike?) but thought I'd pose a question to ya'll.

I can't do Wednesday for the draft, but I know finding a draft date for a lot of folks is a logistical challenge, so you don't really need to reschedule it for me. The question is, how do other managers feel about me having a buddy be my draft surrogate? He has roughly the same baseball knowledge that I do, so I don't see it as being fundamentally unfair but if it feels wrong or weird to other managers I'll just try and do a good job adjusting my ranks for the auto-draft. 

Let me know. On the off chance the draft date is NOT final, I'm good after 9pm EST on Mondays. Wednesdays are out, other days are free. 

I'd perhaps be down for another league but I would love it to be an ESPN or Sportsline League.

I like using OBP instead of Avg.  I just always hate that walks would have no value in standard fantasy leagues.

I also like Quality Starts instead of Wins. 

Not saying I wouldn't do standard 5 x 5 rules, just throwing it out there.

If anyone's still looking for a fantasy baseball league for this season, I have one going into its 10th year. A bunch of people have dropped out in the past few years, so I'm looking to fill it back up to 10-12 players. I currently have five people, so over half of it would be VCers.

The draft will be next Saturday, March 23 at 1:00pm Pacific time on Yahoo. You need to be able to attend the draft and stay active during the season.

The settings (Yahoo standard) are as follows:

-Scoring: Head-to-Head if 10 or 12 players / Rotisserie if fewer than 10 players
-Draft Type: Auction
-Redraft (Non-keeper) league
-Roster Changes: Daily
-Max Acquisitions: 6 per week (H2H) / Unlimited (Roto)
-Roster: 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, C, OF, OF, OF, UTIL, UTIL, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL
-Categories: Home Runs, Runs Batted In, Batting Average, Stolen Bases, Runs Scored / Wins, Saves, Earned Run Average, WHIP, Strikeouts

Full settings can be found at http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN6785&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1363474325546&locale=en_US&y=PROD_SPORTS_FAN_BASE

PM me if you're interested. I'd like to keep the draft time where it is, but if there is enough demand, I may be able to move it a week later to Saturday, March 30 at 1:00pm Pacific.

-Steven