Yeah Seth is currently head writer on the show. A lot of people are guessing that John Mulaney will take over that job.

i'm so pissed nbc didn't pick up mulaney's sitcom. dude is a genius. i love it!

Hitting all the main topics:

- I think the show is hit and miss but I can't help but watch it.

- I like most of the cast, but the standouts are Jay Pharoah, Bobby Moynihan, and Kate McKinnon.

- Best characters/impressions: Jay Pharoah's Jay-Z/Denzel/Usher/Obama/etc, Kate McKinnon's Jodie Foster, Drunk Uncle, Cecily Strong's Girl-You-Don't-Want-To-Talk-To-At-A-Party, Stefan, and Vanessa Bayer's Jewish kid is alright too.

- Weekend Update can easily replace Seth Meyers in my opinion. He's an alright anchor, but not nearly the best. But isn't he a key writer on the show, too?

- MadTV? Seriously? What other than "Can I have yo numba?" and those Stuart skits did they do of any good?

nailed it..all around. 

wow, what a powerful episode that was. none of the skits really did it for me, but i didn't really watch this to laugh for a change. amy showing up was delightful, and ian rubbish & the bizarros was spectacular.

Had me misting by the end.

Seriously! I can't handle the hugs at the end. Why do they make us watch that? All I can think about is Jay Pharoah and how huge Hader probably was to him on that show. AND THEN THEY HUG IT OUT. And then there's everyone he's been on the show with for years...it's all so much!

And I'm really not a Kanye fan (not a huge rap guy) but his performances were great. That second song, the single...damn.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I

I just started watching SNL a month or so ago, basically the last few episodes of the previous season and the new ones. It's pretty fun. Can you guys recommend any must see episodes from the not too distant past?

I'm a big fan of any of the scared straight skits from the last several seasons.  They usually have Keenan Thompson and had Tracy Morgan when he was still a member of the cast.

I suggest the episodes where Justin Timberlake has hosted, pretty much the only ones I will go out of my way to watch.

Bill Hader doing Stefan on Weekend Update is always great.

for not so recent, watch the Celebrity Jeopardy skits, probably my favorite thing they have done.

I suggest the episodes where Justin Timberlake has hosted, pretty much the only ones I will go out of my way to watch.

for not so recent, watch the Celebrity Jeopardy skits, probably my favorite thing they have done.

Agreed on all three

You'll rue the day you crossed me, Trebek