Burger Records Thread

I bought the Neil Hamburger tape.  I was bummed they don't do digital downloads.  I don't wanna have to buy it again from his band camp, so I guess I probably won't give it a listen.  Oh well, I guess I've been too spoiled by all the digital downloads everyone else throws about.

The tape itself is nice, though.

Am I missing something here? You have the tape... but you won't listen to it?

??? Fill in the blanks for me please!!!

Pre-Ordered Tomorrows Tulips (peach vinyl)

If its used product you can talk make them offers.

Like they advertise the offers portion? Or do you just do it on your own kind of thing like it's swap meet/flea market?

people here buy stuff all the time and have no way to listen to it.  it's kind of a "thing".

Ahh gotcha. I literally thought I was missing something in the paragraph. Haha. Dudes, eBay tape deck or something!

Love this label. Wish I had a cassette deck so I could check out a lot more of the bands.

I love how DIY and incredibly gung-ho they are. Lots of great stuff.

Big fan of the King Tuff reissue. Got a Burger shirt in the mail today, too!

Saw The Shine Brothers last week and they were great. One of the bands on my label was opening for them.

Saw The Shine Brothers open for Kurt Vile in San Diego a few months ago.  I thought Shine Brothers had a better set.  Anyway the keyboardist was chillin at their merch table he sold me their tour cassette and some stickers for $5.  Cool band

http://russellbstephens.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/20130719-192501.jpg

also picked up their burger release, they have a great sound

http://russellbstephens.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/20130730-185140.jpg

Pre-Ordered Tomorrows Tulips (peach vinyl)

Like a swap meet type. I was like hey I only have $45 would you take that for these records that would equal about $54 before tax

Like they advertise the offers portion? Or do you just do it on your own kind of thing like it's swap meet/flea market?

Ahh gotcha. I literally thought I was missing something in the paragraph. Haha. Dudes, eBay tape deck or something!

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a handful of stuff from the Back To School Sale a couple weeks ago but haven't gotten shipping confirmation or received a package yet. Anybody else having a similar situation?

I know someone who has ordered and haven't recieved theirs as well. Call them! My friend ordered from them on the 28th of August and on the 15th of Sept. they got a confirmation USPS delivery tracking whatever thingy but it hasn't been shipped apparently. 

My friend said he's talked to not one person in charge of shipping but probably around 3 different people. Oh well, LA Label, probably high on pot and mixed up orders.

going to burger tour on wed

anyone go yet? they have alot of merch?

39f77de422f611e3b17122000ab68533_7.jpg

looks like a healthy selection, they repressed a bunch of OOP tapes last week, plus new slipmats, tote bags & tour shirts

I'd say email them

Their Burger tour is starting soon or started so it might be a little bit until they get back to you.

i think Sean stayed behind to man the shop, emailed him about something yesterday and he got right back to me

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt since they are a start up. Ordered a Tomorrows Tulips Peach Edition Vinyl on the 27th of Aug. It's the 26th of Sept at the moment. But again they are start up and I've been in contact with Sean mainly, who is the only one handling all orders and I think working with re arranging the website. 

I don't get what would take so long to ship some orders out? Maybe they do mass shipment?

I got an email the other day about they are behind on shipping stuff out. I am a little worried I am not going to get the Hammered Satin drawn cover I ordered because last time it took this long I was told they didn't have anymore after I asked if it had shipped and got refunded.

you should definitely give them a call. i went in today to pick up a web order from months ago, and two of the tapes sold out in the meantime. i guess they don't put copies aside for preorders when the product comes in... which sort of defeats the purpose of preorders...

that said, they totally made up for it and hooked me up with a test pressing and some other swag, so i'm not mad.

I will not be buying from this labels website anymore. I feel like they're more about hyping the Burger Records name as a brand as opposed to actual decent customer service. I feel bad about the bands on this label. They probably have no clue their fans are having to wait months at a time before their copy of the music the band makes gets to them.