PO: THE MARS VOLTA De-loused In The Comatorium 2LP

Got my gold copy yesterday. The difference in sound quality between this one and the OG is astronomical. I've seen some reviews in the last few days of people not too impressed by the difference, and I have to wonder what kind of turntable/system they are playing theirs on, because I was seriously freaking out in disbelief last night over how good it sounded. So many nuances to the music and the production that I've never noticed before, and I've listened to this album hundreds of times in the last decade.

As for the packaging, it's not as good as the OG, but not terrible. The sleeves are paper this time instead of cardboard, and it's pretty frustrating to get the sleeves in and close the gatefold; either the records go in too far and keep it from closing easily, or not far enough and the sleeves stick out. A small price to pay for how good this sounds though. Looking forward to Amp and Frances.

That is NOT the only gold one. The bootleg from last year was pressed on gold as well: http://www.discogs.com/Mars-Volta-De-Loused-In-The-Comatorium/release/5211738, the Music on Vinyl press is legit and was just done without the band knowing most likely.

Cedric doesn't have his shit straight most likely since he was probably informed of a gold bootleg coming from Europe (the one from December in Germany) and now he's seeing the MOV release, also from Europe, and just equating them when they're two VERY different releases. Add in that the MOV release was done without the band knowing and done directly through the EU rights owners and it confuses things more to him. The bootleg is direct from the CD whereas the MOV release is licensed by Universal Europe (has all this shit listed in the liner notes) and even SOUNDS different. The MOV release is very clearly from the analog audio masters (listen for the moog on the background of Cicatriz ESP that is barely audible on the CD version). It's not a bootleg, he's just misinformed.

That is NOT the only gold one. The bootleg from last year was pressed on gold as well: http://www.discogs.com/Mars-Volta-De-Loused-In-The-Comatorium/release/5211738, the Music on Vinyl press is legit and was just done without the band knowing most likely.

Cedric doesn't have his shit straight most likely since he was probably informed of a gold bootleg coming from Europe (the one from December in Germany) and now he's seeing the MOV release, also from Europe, and just equating them when they're two VERY different releases. Add in that the MOV release was done without the band knowing and done directly through the EU rights owners and it confuses things more to him. The bootleg is direct from the CD whereas the MOV release is licensed by Universal Europe (has all this shit listed in the liner notes) and even SOUNDS different. The MOV release is very clearly from the analog audio masters (listen for the moog on the background of Cicatriz ESP that is barely audible on the CD version). It's not a bootleg, he's just misinformed.

Still waiting for some proof of a gold boot. Your link doesn't have anything

Gatefold sleeve.

Black vinyl.

Full artwork including printed inner sleeves (Does not include fold-out poster)

Limited /500

Gold Standard Labs is who pressed it.

Gatefold sleeve.

Black vinyl.

Full artwork including printed inner sleeves (Does not include fold-out poster)

Limited /500

Gold Standard Labs is who pressed it.

The info there is wrong, there's a post over on the comatorium forums from someone who bought it and it was gold and not from GSL at all, it was just listed as GSL to look official and confuse people.

That explains the GSL part. I can't find the gold one anywhere, but I distinctly remember pictures of it existing. I don't even know why this is an issue; just look at the liner notes on the MOV release. It's legit and licensed. The band didn't know. That's the end of it.

You're the one making it an issue, there is no gold boot.

That explains the GSL part. I can't find the gold one anywhere, but I distinctly remember pictures of it existing. I don't even know why this is an issue; just look at the liner notes on the MOV release. It's legit and licensed. The band didn't know. That's the end of it.

That's probably why he's calling it fake.  He's a little nuts.