PO: Chevelle - Wonder What's Next - SRCvinyl

Long time lurker, thought I'd finally sign up.

I had to ask, anyone else a bit disappointed in the sound quality? Maybe I just had bad luck. I got a coke bottle clear and a red. And I get a lot of sibilance, you know, the loud s's and high pitch cymbals. I'm not having problems with any of my other vinyl, so I guess it's not my stylus and the chevelle?

Other than that they look great.

Edit: oh and a little bit of tracking issues as well?

Well, the album was recorded and mixed all digitally. A vinyl version just makes it DDA (SPARS code), which means that it can only ever sound moderately better than a CD copy. Not sure if that would cause problems with sibilance, but it can't be helping.

As far as tracking issues go, I would think it'd be your tonearm/cartridge. Could be wrong, though.

i liked the song point #1 a lot, but as for the whole album i just couldnt get into,, i have the cd in my car i might give it another try.

i dont see why they havent pressed there albums.. ive noticed vinyl is big now and continueing to boom...  i really thought they would have pressed la gargola...  just to try something new.  plus the cover art was cool

Well, the album was recorded and mixed all digitally. A vinyl version just makes it DDA (SPARS code), which means that it can only ever sound moderately better than a CD copy. Not sure if that would cause problems with sibilance, but it can't be helping.

As far as tracking issues go, I would think it'd be your tonearm/cartridge. Could be wrong, though.

Yea I figured its digital sourced. I have many that are digitally sourced for sure. Ive only had this kind of problem on one vinyl, and it was an inner groove song. But that whole vinyl sound bad anyways.

I've almost finished spinning the Rob Zombie that came today, and it sounds perfect. Who knows, maybe my needle doesn't like these Chevelles.

Yea after a good washing of the vinyl and stylus it's sounding a bit better now. Hopefully we do see the rest of the albums trickle out. One if my favorite bands.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, really. But I noticed both color variants I have side a is raised in the middle by quite a bit. Side c of both just slightly. I guess this would be a dish warp? Not sure if this would cause any problems.

I'm definitely picking the red up in the next few weeks. Kinda glad I waited though; these aren't flying off the shelf like I was worried they might.

I keep saying it, but I have extremely strong suspicions that more colors are coming. There have been a few tiny hints dropped.

Anything with a white splatter would flawlessly capture the cover art.

I would have to say that they are selling surprisingly well. The coke bottle sold out like a half hour into the pre-order, and almost 1400 of the red are gone, who knows how many black. It may not seem like much but this is an album thats already 12 years old at this point and before the announcement i didn't really see anyone clamoring for chevelle albums to be pressed. I would never figure that this many Chevelle fans would be interested in vinyl.

i didn't really see anyone clamoring for chevelle albums to be pressed. I would never figure that this many Chevelle fans would be interested in vinyl.

Totally not true, look at any "Album's that should be pressed" thread and you'll see someone bring up Chevelle and a bunch of people chiming in in agreement. We've been waiting a long time for this.

Totally not true, look at any "Album's that should be pressed" thread and you'll see someone bring up Chevelle and a bunch of people chiming in in agreement. We've been waiting a long time for this.

Well fiddlesticks. To be honest though when i first started looking at thread, until now i haven't seen that so it must be farther back. Haven't had the want to go check out the older pages of it either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

New preorder up for a signed copy.  I would hope it's 2LP like the past releases of it, but doesn't specify.   More signed stuff up too, including preorders for the new album.

http://getsomemerchandise.com/A-WONDERWHATSNEXTVINYL-NA-NA

**EDIT** I got confirmation that it will be a single LP

Edited by djghost1976