Gotham (TV series on Fox)

Just finished episode 2.

This show is not very good. Bad acting, cheesy dialogue, weak story.

I'll give it a couple more episodes, but I doubt I will stick with it the entire season.

I think it's believable to have some corruption in the police department but it is ridiculous to basically have the entire police department crooked other than Gordon.

i am torn on this show.  i love batman but the acting in this can be just awful most of the time.  i will stick with it through the first season but if it does not step up its game I will be done after that.  it seems like soap opera batman and the scenes with bruce wayne seemed forced and pointless. 

• 2 weeks later...

i just watched episode 4 last night. The more I watch, the more I really like this show. I think it's exactly what I was hoping for. It feels like a prequel to The Animated Series, which is probably my favorite batman there is. It's a little campy/cartoony/or dare i say... comic book-like. It's just dark enough, and the stories are more entertaining than most comic book-inspired tv shows. 

Someone was complaining about the weather balloon guy... that is perfect BTAS. that's totally something that would happen on that show in gotham city, and i like that it's the sort of thing that can happen in this gotham city.

the timeline is a little strange to me, which sets everyone way older than batman, though it works for some characters.

my only (minor) gripes so far was the girl named ivy (if it's poison ivy, shouldn't her name be pamela?); i think gordon should wear glasses; i never pictured gordon's wife to be so pretty. i always pictured her kind of average and mature. but, minor gripes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Little late watching this week's but I think it was one of the better episode. Liked seeing Bullock as the Jim Gordon from 10 years ago.

Thought that they were going to keep the spirit of the goat unsolved for a while and it would be the first case solved by the "world's greatest detective."

Some good points:

http://observer.com/2014/10/gotham-reference-guide-1x5-accentuate-the-postitive/

Anyone get a joker reference this week?