Gotham (TV series on Fox)

I'm excited for this show but the pilot had some issues. They need to stop making obvious references every 5 minutes, i get it the guys going to become Penguin, or the Riddler I don't need someone beating me over the head with it. 

One of the most effective deceptions of the killing of Wayne's parents, that scene was heartbreaking.  

I honestly don't think he will end up being the Joker.

Did you read my post? Titus was referring to the creativity of having a possible joker in every episode but not knowing for sure (at least, for a while).

That's an awesome idea. Something to make you pay attention closely to every scene.

I'm excited for this show but the pilot had some issues. They need to stop making obvious references every 5 minutes, i get it the guys going to become Penguin, or the Riddler I don't need someone beating me over the head with it.

One of the most effective deceptions of the killing of Wayne's parents, that scene was heartbreaking.

I thought the whole scream with wide-angle cut-away was kinda forced and cliche.

The actual robbery and shots were really tense and well done.

batman is one of my all time favorite characters, but I cant seem to give half a shit about this show. it looks terrible.

I think if you come to the show as wanting to see a detective drama that includes some Batman elements, it can make much more sense be more interesting. I really feel like the show is good and a "Batman show without Batman" can work haha. 

batman is one of my all time favorite characters, but I cant seem to give half a shit about this show. it looks terrible.

To me it's kind of like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory; the movie is pretty what ever, but the characters are so great and beloved that you enjoy the movie. That's how I feel at least. Screwing up Batman is pretty hard. Doesn't mean they can't (batman and robin, Ben Affleck) but I really enjoyed the pilot.

I think the Penguin is my favorite character. Extremely well played.

Like I said in my previous comment- some pretty thin dialogue at some points but overall I'm a fan. I think the incessant beating-over-the-head with "future villain" references will taper off as the season goes on; I do hope they are more artful with their introduction of the joker however.

The thing to remember is that this is a mass market, major network show and they aren't necessarily catering solely to mouth-breathing bat-nerds like me. Not everyone they are hoping to attract is going bring with them the prior knowledge of the world of batman.

Just my two cents.

As a long-time Batman fan and borderline purist, I can understand why some people are bent out of shape over this show. But you have to bear in mind that's just a glimpse into the unseen side of Batman's world before Batman. Although some of the stuff will feel forced such as a "baddie of the week" that may not be necessarily a villain from the Batman canon, it has potential to add more depth to not only the city itself and its underbelly, but also some of the more second-string characters. 

I am liking so far the direction being taken for Oswald Cobblepot and the hint of Edward Nygma so far. I personally think that if they throw in too many familiar characters and villains at us, it will get boring. That's my take on it. 

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/09/30/more-potential-jokers-and-all-the-easter-eggs-gotham-episode-2-has-to-offer-2307931?lt_source=external,manual

Some obvious easter eggs, some not so obvious.

I didn't really think that the abductors could possibly be the joker and harley, especially since the female was definitely in charge. Think that the joker reference was the cop wearing the purplish suit that said "watch the shoes, clown." Definitely wasn't as obvious as the first episode.

Did you read my post? Titus was referring to the creativity of having a possible joker in every episode but not knowing for sure (at least, for a while).

That's an awesome idea. Something to make you pay attention closely to every scene.

I missed it but that is a really cool Idea.

I didn't quote your other post but agree the scream was forced.

I think this show is good but it needs to find its balance in campy vs. gritty. Right now it can't seem to decide. 

so is this show actually worth watching? skipped the first two episodes.

It's early but I would say there is enough promise to definitely follow it.

I was really close to jumping off Arrow in the beginning and that turned out to be one of the best shows on tv today. You can't tell in one or two episodes with a superhero show. Think you really have to give it a full season long story arc before you can judge.

But yeah, watch it.

I don't really have a great sense of what a show on fox's Nielsen ratings should be but seems to be doing fine:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-scorpion-gotham-hold-736700

Also doesn't seem like a super-high budget series (relies a lot on characters and not crazy scenes/special fx), so I don't think the budget is crazy.

Should be safe for a while.