Gotham (TV series on Fox)

It looks like the writers will be bringing Scarecrow to the show, here is a blurb from ComicBookMovie:

Executive producer Danny Cannon revealed at Comikaze that the writers are in the midst of working on an episode that will introduce a young Scarecrow: "We're breaking the story now, the villain will be seen as a child, before he takes on the Scarecrow moniker. In fact, it's something that will be passed on to him from his father, which will create an eventual enemy for Batman while still having an adversary for Jim Gordon."

ya wow, the show has picked up.  i didn't originally like it in the beginning because it was kind of...  choppy.  but it's gotten better.  last week was pretty good with the spirit of the goat and then i thought it would drop off once they returned to maroni/fish/falcone.  (honestly, not that into jada pinkett-smith's character), but this last episode was pretty good, too.  the story is coming together nicely.

I'm not going to read through this thread right now since I'm sure it contains some spoilers. Just wanted to drop by and say that I really like this series so far. I've always been quite fascinated about the criminal universe in Batman because it's so dark and corrupted. It's really awesome with a series that displays the beginning of the good and bad guys in Gotham. It's nice for a change that everything isn't focused on Batman, since the whole criminal universe of Gotham has so much story to it. I definitely like it so far.

• 1 month later...

I have to catch up myself. Does it really get better?

yes.  i didn't see the pilot, but started on episodes 2 and 3.  i didn't like it but as i kept going, it caught on.  saw the pilot when they replayed it and overall looking back, i'm glad i stuck with it.  i have yet to see tonight's (west coast).

I don't understand the disappointment with the beginning of this show. It has been great from the start IMO minus some of the acting. (Cinematography, set design, plot etc...)  I mean if people can stay with Agents of Shield this is a much better show, but I am also a Batman fan. Please give it a chance. 

Anyway, great episode tonight and the new one with the electro-cutioner on January 19th looks awesome! 

I don't understand the disappointment with the beginning of this show. It has been great from the start IMO minus some of the acting. (Cinematography, set design, plot etc...) I mean if people can stay with Agents of Shield this is a much better show, but I am also a Batman fan. Please give it a chance.

Anyway, great episode tonight and the new one with the electro-cutioner on January 19th looks awesome!

In my defense, I hate AOS haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anybody here still watch this? Out of all of the comic book-y shows on television this one is my favorite. With The Flash being second.  

On tonight's episode the Joker is being teased (or the person who goes on to be the Joker).

I personally really love all of the nods to the Batman universe and I thought the meeting between Edward Nigma and Penguin last week was funny and handled well. 

Definitely still watching this show, it's great. All of the stories going on at the same time make it really fun to watch.

I was just commenting something similar to James as we were watching it. Via text that is.

The writing has gotten better so far. Although there are still plenty of hokey and eyeroll moments, I still enjoy watching it so far.

I was just commenting something similar to James as we were watching it. Via text that is.

The writing has gotten better so far. Although there are still plenty of hokey and eyeroll moments, I still enjoy watching it so far.

Exactly.  The first few episodes there were some severely worse dialogue moments than there are now.  Also, I think Joker kid is a misdirect for sure.