Riot Fest 2015

Tardcore

Were you at Riot Fest last year? Pixies' crowd was fucking massive. Probably the biggest of the whole weekend.

Also, rumor has it they're trying to use more of Humboldt Park this year to up the capacity for Riot Fest to 100k.

They moved the Toronto venue from one that had about a 10,000 person capacity to one that has a 500,000 person capacity.

Their publicist told me both Chicago and Denver lineups were being announced today, dunno what time though. Last year, it was announced at like 7 or 8pm, so they might be going for the same thing this time too.

The following is a list of bands I strongly, strongly suspect are playing Riot Fest Chicago, but cannot officially confirm. Take this list with a grain of salt if you choose to (although remember I was the first person to post about the Replacements reunion in last year's Riot Fest thread and no one believed me then, either).

The Cure

The Offspring

Bad Religion

Stiff Little Fingers

Naked Raygun

Twenty One Pilots

Mineral

The Get Up Kids

Silverstein

Senses Fail

Say Anything

Saves The Day

Reggie And The Full Effect

Modern Baseball

Red City Radio

Somos

The Hotelier

Citizen

Yikes, that's not very good. Holding out for a few better surprises.

Plus Offspring are headlining Friday......if you think a 100k people are attending a festival that the Offspring are headlining a day of, I must be clueless on music in 2014

this still baffles me.  the Offspring should be headlining a VFW somewhere.  

Although, the link I saw just said they were playing Chicago that date, not necessarily that they are headlining.

are you sure you want to hold out and not just make your decision based on that list?

I'm a fan of the Cure but the other "headliners" really do nothing for me. Naked Raygun and I guess Bad Religion would be the only other bands whos sets I'd even bother attending at this point.

I've always assumed there would be a point at which this fest would basically turn into a teenie bop "punk" fest. This might very well be the year...

I'm a fan of the Cure but the other "headliners" really do nothing for me. Naked Raygun and I guess Bad Religion would be the only other bands whos sets I'd even bother attending at this point.

I've always assumed there would be a point at which this fest would basically turn into a teenie bop "punk" fest. This might very well be the year...

it's not the final list, nor is it an official list. relax. 

Yeah, I totally understand that. I'm still hopeful there's gonna be enough to get me to attend again this year.

i think like last  year there will be a enough stuff to keep everyone happy. if they really did expand it'd be cool if they had two mainstages. one more punk and one more indie. like green day/blink type bands on one side and death cab/national type bands on the other. 

Also, rumor has it they're trying to use more of Humboldt Park this year to up the capacity for Riot Fest to 100k.

Interesting. Wonder if they'll try to go further down Sacramento (last year's expansion), or if they'll blow it all up and move North of Division. They are stuck with some serious space impediments in their current corner of the park.

probably has something to do with riot fest posting this photo on facebook:

10307178_10152204769918737_5115924521842

but it also said: "This isn't a line up hint, it's just a cool picture of a 16 year old Sid Vicious going to a David Bowie concert in 1973. Everybody just relax."

the rumors are getting out of hand. everyone just need to calm down.

Well, there will be a David Bowie exhibition at the MCA this fall...