Soon: Aaron West and the Roaring Twenties

...well fuck....

That is the last time I trust Soupy with variants and numbers....haha

Looks like I'll be needing a clear with grey haze...

http://silverbulletmerch.com/collections/hopeless/products/aaron-west-and-the-roaring-twenties-we-dont-have-each-other-pre-order-lp still here apparently

I didn't dig the song too much, and I haven't cared for the wonder years last couple of releases so I am just not gonna get this one.

Not hating on your opinion because to each his/her own, but you're the first person I've heard feel that way. I'd love to hear you elaborate on it. Personally, I think that the Wonder Years made tremendous progress in the songwriting process, lyrically and musically. Their sound has gotten more mature, I suppose, especially with The Greatest Generation. So, I'd be really interested in hearing your counterargument.

I'm not looking to debate you on it because I'm a firm believer that arguing over music is pointless. I'm not gonna change what you believe with my personal opinion. I just enjoy hearing people think differently from me.

Not hating on your opinion because to each his/her own, but you're the first person I've heard feel that way. I'd love to hear you elaborate on it. Personally, I think that the Wonder Years made tremendous progress in the songwriting process, lyrically and musically. Their sound has gotten more mature, I suppose, especially with The Greatest Generation. So, I'd be really interested in hearing your counterargument.

I'm not looking to debate you on it because I'm a firm believer that arguing over music is pointless. I'm not gonna change what you believe with my personal opinion. I just enjoy hearing people think differently from me.

I haven't LOVED anything post Upsides.

I could sum up my opinion pretty simply by saying that I feel they / their fans are taking everything far too seriously.

They don't even like to play the early stuff (Get Stoked on It, etc.) live anymore because they feel it's too silly.

That was the point though... it was fun.

I haven't LOVED anything post Upsides.

I could sum up my opinion pretty simply by saying that I feel they / their fans are taking everything far too seriously.

They don't even like to play the early stuff (Get Stoked on It, etc.) live anymore because they feel it's too silly.

I can dig that. Thanks for elaborating, man.

I really., REALLY enjoyed the Upsides. I felt like they calmed down after that album and everything since then has bored me. I think soupy's voice has taken a beating over the years and I don't like the way it sounds anymore. I know a lot of people love their newer records, but honestly they are just boring to me. Like you said, to each their own, I just don't like the albums. I've probably listened to each of their two newer records less than 5 times each. Never grew on me at all.

Upsides is still the greatest album in my opinion however I feel if they carried on doing albums the same style as that they wouldn't be where they are now. To me they are at the top of the newest 'pop punk' bands and here in the UK could quite easily headline any pop punk based festival.

I really., REALLY enjoyed the Upsides. I felt like they calmed down after that album and everything since then has bored me. I think soupy's voice has taken a beating over the years and I don't like the way it sounds anymore. I know a lot of people love their newer records, but honestly they are just boring to me. Like you said, to each their own, I just don't like the albums. I've probably listened to each of their two newer records less than 5 times each. Never grew on me at all.

Right on. I can respect that, too. It's cool that you gave each record a few listens at least. I know that, when I don't dig something immediately, I'm quick to write it off.

this. i think GSOI is their most timeless release mostly because of the silliness of the lyrics --  i won't always relate to (and be able to listen to) the upsides, but i'll always be able to listen to GSOI because i don't HAVE to relate to it, and it's fun as hell. it's also really good, although i know plenty of people who will disagree. but i think those are the exact people that you are saying take it all too seriously.

and it's fine to take it seriously. the upsides was really refreshing after GSOI, WBPF, etc. because it IS more serious, and the "realist pop punk" tagline finally rang true. but it's getting a bit tired, maybe... i don't know. i'd love for them to revisit their "dudecore" roots. and please, no more songs about pigeons.