Brand New - Deja Entendu

So.... we should have Virgil get in talks with Brand New's manager or wahtever about creating a "Devil and God..." wax. I know they did the last run by themselves possibly? Even if Vinyl Collectives doesn't get it (which I wouldn't mind) maybe he'll coax them into finally releasing it on wax.

Hell, the same applies to Circa Survive. They did the last album themselves, I'd love for them to finally release "On Letting Go" on wax.

i hate to bitch, but i cannot stand when people buy more than 3 of these, just to make a quick buck on ebay. at least let someone else who has been waiting for this record for some time (someone like myself..) have the chance to grab one instead of waiting around another 4 years...

apparently someone got 13..

In the defense of some of the people that bought multiple copies here, it's rare when someone will turn around and then flip it on eBay. At least when it comes to the VC'ers. You will find that here are true collectors and fans.

Now...when it comes to that guy in AP.net that claims to have bought 13 copies...you know that bitch is going to flip them...

But hey...it's all about supply and demand and capitalism.

So.... we should have Virgil get in talks with Brand New's manager or wahtever about creating a "Devil and God..." wax. I know they did the last run by themselves possibly? Even if Vinyl Collectives doesn't get it (which I wouldn't mind) maybe he'll coax them into finally releasing it on wax.

Hell, the same applies to Circa Survive. They did the last album themselves, I'd love for them to finally release "On Letting Go" on wax.

It has little to nothing to do with management.

Obviously it has to do with the label in question. But I think it's safe to assume Equal Vision (regarding Circa) would be cool about it? Really I have no idea what relationships Virgil has with certain record labels.

Obviously it has to do with the label in question. But I think it's safe to assume Equal Vision (regarding Circa) would be cool about it? Really I have no idea what relationships Virgil has with certain record labels.

Well I was referring to BN putting out The Devil And God..., but yeah it has more to do with the label and the band directly. Sometimes labels don't want to license out records to other labels to be pressed on a different format. And sometimes the band just doesn't care enough to really demand it, either.

Random posts from the BN street team forum board:

"i dont have the money for it =[. but my friend's buying it and he doesnt have a record player so we're gonna listen to it at my pad :D"

"bought it

im gonn frame it and hang it up and itll be pretty"

"i gots me a vinyl! only im actually gonna play it once. wonder how much theyll sell for in the future though."

"i dont have the money for it =[. but my friend's buying it and he doesnt have a record player so we're gonna listen to it at my pad :D"

"bought it

"i gots me a vinyl! only im actually gonna play it once. wonder how much theyll sell for in the future though."

i lol'd

ibought 2. one of myself and one for my girlfriend. this record is somewhat of a white whale to her so i know shes excited. personally, i would have been more stoked on a devil and god lp since i think that record is far superior (i know im the minority) but its pretty awesome these were offered at such a deal nonetheless.

"bought it

i lol'd

Jesus fucking christ. ::)

ibought 2. one of myself and one for my girlfriend. this record is somewhat of a white whale to her so i know shes excited. personally, i would have been more stoked on a devil and god lp since i think that record is far superior (i know im the minority) but its pretty awesome these were offered at such a deal nonetheless.

WE'RE the minority. I agree with you 100%.

Guest falloutcollapse

WE'RE the minority. I agree with you 100%.

devil and god just kind of means more to me personally, i guess, but i agree with you both. one day, this will be pressed, and i will smile very wide.