Beastie Boys - Deluxe Vinyl Box Sets on sale

Check Your Head, Ill Communication, Hello Nasty - all on sale at the Beastie Boys store for $59.99 each. Not sure how long they've been on sale or available but I just ordered all three yesterday and they're delivering today.

http://shop.beastieboys.com/music/

They may be deluxe LP's but there is nothing about a Deluxe Box Set......Your title is VERRRRRRY misleading....

Empirical+You+mean+Imperial+_f13c506fea9

What was the original price on the deluxe? 60 still seems high

Compared to the new deluxe Mastodon album...these is a steal...which isn't saying much. I still wouldn't buy it...but an 8-panel gatefold(why?), 4 pieces of vinyl, hardcover book, and patch for $60 is neat if you like that kind of thing.

I agree that it's a deluxe vinyl package and not a box set though.

Music > Extras

Now watch the down votes. I buy expensive vinyl, but to me it's all about the music. Too expensive for me here.

I don't think anyone is trying to argue with you there. I'm not into all the little extras either. Just saying that this is a 4xlp, and if you're into that extra stuff, it's a pretty decent deal. At least better than a 2xlp from MOV for $50, or the new 2xlp Mastodon special edition for $70 or whatever that ridiculous price was.

How is it not a boxed set?

"4 pieces of 180 gram Vinyl featuring the deluxe remastered album and the 4 original 12" singles (36 tracks total) 8 panel gatefold package with foil cover inlay, packaged in a fabric-wrapped, black foil-stamped hardcover "coffee table book" case Limited to 2,000 sales"

I'm seriously asking.

Book =/= box

Jk but probably people were assuming the OP meant some sort of boxed collection of their LPs. Not just ultra mega deluxe reissues of single albums.

I seriously thought this was a boxed collection of their LPs. Got super excited because I've been wanting "To the 5 Boroughs" for a decent price, so this post was indeed misleading. I would have titled it "Beastie Boys - Collector's Deluxe Edition" or something like that. Not box set. I feel that when the term "box set" is used, it implies the entire LP discography of albums. But thats just me.

Was/is there a deluxe LP version for Paul's Boutique? Or was that CD-only?

There wasn't a deluxe LP (or CD, for that matter) for Paul's Boutique. They had to reissue it as is because of all the samples on the album. IIRC, the album was made before all of the laws regarding samples had been implemented. They couldn't release a revised (with extra tracks) of the album without having to clear all the samples.

There wasn't a deluxe LP (or CD, for that matter) for Paul's Boutique. They had to reissue it as is because of all the samples on the album. IIRC, the album was made before all of the laws regarding samples had been implemented. They couldn't release a revised (with extra tracks) of the album without having to clear all the samples.

I'd be interested in seeing a source on that. I've heard many conflicting stories on Paul's Boutique's samples, but the fact that it's remained in print and out of court for 25 years leads me to believe the postulation (I think by one of the Dust Brothers?) that everything was licensed above board, just for cheaper than everything became after the landmark Biz Markie case in 91. Even then, Mike D negotiated Bob Dylan down to $700 to sample Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues on Finger Lickin' Good on Check Your Head. Sampling just used to be a lot less messy. It wouldn't make any sense that the album would have to be untouched - lots of tracks off Paul's Boutique have appeared on compilations, greatest hits, video anthologies, official live recordings, etc. in their original form. If some songs had a murky legal status, that fact would stand regardless of whether the tracklisting was the same.

They may be deluxe LP's but there is nothing about a Deluxe Box Set......Your title is VERRRRRRY misleading....

Empirical+You+mean+Imperial+_f13c506fea9

I don't have "PO" or "Coming soon" in the title indicating they aren't new releases. I said "on sale" meaning an old item that was available previously but now discounted. These are deluxe versions of the standard releases and each one is a box set.

I'm not aware of these being available anywhere for under $100 for a while. Who knew I would get shit on for trying to help people out when I had five minutes before I had to go to work.

I don't have "PO" or "Coming soon" in the title indicating they aren't new releases. I said "on sale" meaning an old item that was available previously but now discounted. These are deluxe versions of the standard releases and each one is a box set.

I'm not aware of these being available anywhere for under $100 for a while. Who knew I would get shit on for trying to help people out when I had five minutes before I had to go to work.

Haha ok... Was not talking shit as was just stating that your title for the post is misleading as some of us came in here thinking that this was a deluxe box set of their discography. Typically when someone says boxset, that is what they generally mean in this forum. IE: Bad Religion Vinyl Box Set, NOFX Vinyl Box Set, Alexisonfire Vinyl Box Set, etc....

Bitchin!!
My Check Your Head boxset did, in fact, come with a seven inch from the Beasties' personal collection.

When I saw them on Conan or some other late night show in 2009 when they were talking about these boxes they said it could be any artist, but the one I got is a the Lee Majors Come Again/B-Boys in the Cut (Acapella) 7".

Haha ok... Was not talking shit as was just stating that your title for the post is misleading as some of us came in here thinking that this was a deluxe box set of their discography. Typically when someone says boxset, that is what they generally mean in this forum. IE: Bad Religion Vinyl Box Set, NOFX Vinyl Box Set, Alexisonfire Vinyl Box Set, etc....

As a B-Boys fan I knew exactly what he meant from the title. Also, I wish I had the cash for the Ill Communication & Hello Nasty boxes.... I wonder how long these will last?