MAN ADVICE v2.0

So general consensus... among these three options:

- Ignore and hope the emails cease, forget her, move on with life.

- Tell her to get real, and buzz off, in hopes the emails cease, forget her, move on with life.

- Tell her off huge ... probably a dick move and not the best idea right?

So one of the top 2 choices would likely be the most rational thing?

Oh yeah and choice 4 - 'keep stomaching the bullshit, smile and nod, pretend imaginary hangouts will happen, knowing they will, in all likelyhood, never happen' not even an option anymore at this point.  Unfortunately I most recently wrote back along these lines with a little bit of like 'hey, I'm not that hard to get ahold of.  If nothing materializes soon, forget you.' thrown in subtly because I couldn't help myself.  I have a feeling she won't even acknowledge that bit though.

Totally. Nope not even dating, mostly was going to hang out as friends and as for a relationship beyond that... there might have been potential before I knew that she recently dated a herion-user.  YIKES.  She claimed he didn't use needles, but she could be lying, or he could have been lying to her. All of which equates to zero fucking chance of sex.

Like 99% of smack users graduate to needles. She's probably lying.

all this sounds pretty similar to some BS that a friend of mine went through with a girl a few years ago.  She would routinely make plans/bail but contact him often enough to keep him on the hook and very occasionally follow through. 

Her life was pretty messed up. She sold weed/whatever for her scumbag dealer boyfriend that she always claimed to have broken up with.  The last time my friend actually saw her in person, she called him from a pay phone at like 4 am because she accepted a ride with 4 guys to a shady part of town to sell them drugs and got robbed and stranded there.

I think in her case, there were some serious walking depression type issues going on.  she kind of knew that she had to get it together but was only able to make these weak attempts to cultivate a way out. 

Sometimes the shame of having let your life get so messed up makes it hard to let anybody in.  Kind of like the state of my kitchen.

Don't even respond to her anymore. She's doing this shit because she knows she can get away with it and you'll still talk to her.

This seems like the best option. I thought I was being mean by saying ignore her, but everyone else seems to think the same thing. Even if you try to explain the situation she may keep emailing you and end up making you feel guilty for calling her out or something. Sometimes ignorance can be bliss. 

Like 99% of smack users graduate to needles. She's probably lying.

Yeah, man, my thoughts exactly.  She claimed he only snorted it, which I thought was a lie, either on his part to her, or on her part to me.  Then I listening to the Harris Wittels podcast and he says that snorting it burns your nose so you can't really even do that, and it doesn't even come close to the high from shooting it. And also about how much he HATES needles but would do it anyway. Ugh man, thinking about that stuff literally makes my cringe.

And it seems like she moved back because the shit really hit the fan, but I don't know cause she seems to be guarding that shit and pretending its just life as usual.

all this sounds pretty similar to some BS that a friend of mine went through with a girl a few years ago.  She would routinely make plans/bail but contact him often enough to keep him on the hook and very occasionally follow through. 

Her life was pretty messed up. She sold weed/whatever for her scumbag dealer boyfriend that she always claimed to have broken up with.  The last time my friend actually saw her in person, she called him from a pay phone at like 4 am because she accepted a ride with 4 guys to a shady part of town to sell them drugs and got robbed and stranded there.

I think in her case, there were some serious walking depression type issues going on.  she kind of knew that she had to get it together but was only able to make these weak attempts to cultivate a way out. 

Sometimes the shame of having let your life get so messed up makes it hard to let anybody in.  Kind of like the state of my kitchen.

Yeah, again I think maybe she is keeping me at arm's length because she got into some messed up shit and doesn't want me to know about it.  Doesn't want to scare me off and wants to keep me around.

This seems like the best option. I thought I was being mean by saying ignore her, but everyone else seems to think the same thing. Even if you try to explain the situation she may keep emailing you and end up making you feel guilty for calling her out or something. Sometimes ignorance can be bliss. 

Totally.  I already knew all this stuff but I just needed someone to reinforce it.  Point taken for sure.  Man advice comes through for me.  Thanks all!

So it was the girls birthday who I was seeing for the past 3 months and basically dating (I've explained it in here before) today.  She ended things with me out of nowhere two weeks ago and just wants to be friends, which we still are, and we still spend all our time together, minus the kissing/sex/cuddling.  Anyway, her and her best girlfriend are in a fight so they haven't been talking.  So it was just me and her all day today on her birthday.  She woke up miserable, and by the end of the day, according to her, her birthday ended up being "really good, big thanks owed to you".  We went for lunch downtown and hung out at school all day, then I made her a CD and burned the new Iron & WIne CD for her that she asked for.  Blah blah blah, then she says goodnight, thanks me, and sends me a blushing smiley face emoji.  UGGHH.  It's so weird being so close with someone and sexual thinking its going to turn into something more, and then they tell you that it won't work but they can't tell you why it won't work, and then staying close with them but only as friends.  And its confusing.  

I didn't proof read this so chances are it doesn't make sense.

And Logan, this is the girl you made the Beyonce shirt for, hahaha.

So it was the girls birthday who I was seeing for the past 3 months and basically dating (I've explained it in here before) today.  She ended things with me out of nowhere two weeks ago and just wants to be friends, which we still are, and we still spend all our time together, minus the kissing/sex/cuddling.  Anyway, her and her best girlfriend are in a fight so they haven't been talking.  So it was just me and her all day today on her birthday.  She woke up miserable, and by the end of the day, according to her, her birthday ended up being "really good, big thanks owed to you".  We went for lunch downtown and hung out at school all day, then I made her a CD and burned the new Iron & WIne CD for her that she asked for.  Blah blah blah, then she says goodnight, thanks me, and sends me a blushing smiley face emoji.  UGGHH.  It's so weird being so close with someone and sexual thinking its going to turn into something more, and then they tell you that it won't work but they can't tell you why it won't work, and then staying close with them but only as friends.  And its confusing.  

I didn't proof read this so chances are it doesn't make sense.

And Logan, this is the girl you made the Beyonce shirt for, hahaha.

Aw man. Now I'm mad I made it with so much love ;)

Honestly, I wish I had advice but you know we're both in this together now.

*high school musical starts playing in the distance*

I'm going to dudeboy's show on Thursday and I made a joke about how it's going to be the best show because I'm there and I'm pretty much the best human in the entire world and nothing can suck when I'm around. I got a response that said "very true, actually."

OKAY HAVE FUN ASKING OUT THE GIRL THAT BAILS ON YOU FOR BETTER FRIENDS

good for you for being able to hang out with her though.  A few years ago I met a girl in paris who was from ny and I fell hard for her.  She just wanted to be friends though so we were just friends and I invited her to a party once at my parents house once so she showed up with some friends and it was cool.  She told me later though that her friends said to her "jacob is so in love with you" and i asked her how they knew and she said "the way he looks at you".  maybe you look at her like that

~ramble

So I didn't want to start a new thread for this question and I figured that this is the best one for my question. Anyways I have a drug test on Monday for a really good job working for my county's school system. The last time I smoked was the 15th of January so on monday that will be 45 days. Some other pointers that I guess effect the test are that I am overweight. Do you guys think I'm good?

How regularly did you smoke before? If not regular, just occasionally, you should be fine. If you want play it safe drink A LOT of water over the weekend. If you are paranoid buy a detox kit.

I understand but DONT be so hard on yourself ! You're a good person and I don't just say that to anyone.

if my text to speech work it'd be really cool and then be so easy to just f****** say this well I just said all of this with text to speech and it's censored my f****** so let me really stupid for me to use but yeah it also turned it in the 8th no it was supposed to be its instead of in the ass oh Jesus Christ this is so bad I'm done with text to speech never again

Madie, my life is an un funny b movie script pretty much. Like. Love triangle, exes taking exes on dates, me not having a clue of what I want. My feelings rubberbanding back and forth, them snap changing. Me making bad decisions.

This is true for a lot of people though. Don't let it make you too upset. Most things aren't so bad once you sit down and let take out all the stuff that constantly upsets you. Life is too wonderful to let these things make you unhappy.