MAN ADVICE v2.0

Been seeing/hanging out with this chick almost everyday for over a month now. She told me that she's starting to actually like me about a week ago. Last night she says something about how her and her ex are starting to figure shit out. But that she still cares about me and wants to hang out with me and be friends and shit. Fuuuuuuuck that shade. Also after saying this she still tries to be all over me and I was like nah don't touch me. Fucking girls

Been seeing/hanging out with this chick almost everyday for over a month now. She told me that she's starting to actually like me about a week ago. Last night she says something about how her and her ex are starting to figure shit out. But that she still cares about me and wants to hang out with me and be friends and shit. Fuuuuuuuck that shade. Also after saying this she still tries to be all over me and I was like nah don't touch me. Fucking girls

Damn, that sucks. When will people learn that exes are exes for a reason? I will never understand why people return to terrible relationships or try to work things out if it clearly didn't work out the first time. People typically don't change and if you think that they will, you are putting yourself in an endless cycle of unhappiness. 

at least she was honest about it..but still shady af

I do appreciate that she's upfront about everything but yea. She was like do you think I'm leading you on? And I was like uhhhh I didn't until you just said that.. And yea she was also kinda drunk when she said whatever about her ex so I don't really know if she just thinks they're working it out or they are. Either way I'm kinda over it. But she expects me to be her friend and probably act the same why I was towards her before. Which is not gunna happen and she'll probs be salty about it because she's not getting what she wants anymore

Damn, that sucks. When will people learn that exes are exes for a reason? I will never understand why people return to terrible relationships or try to work things out if it clearly didn't work out the first time. People typically don't change and if you think that they will, you are putting yourself in an endless cycle of unhappiness.

So freakin true!!! My last ex and I broke up like 3 times? I finally realized that I was grateful he was an ex and blocked his number.

I've been stressing for the past 48 hours about my relationship. I've been with this wonderful girl for the past 10 months. It's been up and down as expected. When I met her, I fell hard and I continue to each day. However, I quickly realized that I was all she had. She had mostly cut herself off from previous friendships because she felt disrespected in them (I guess that's the best way to put it). So when she came to school, she tried to make new friendships and those failed as well. But it's not that she's a bad person at all or she's not likeable. Anyways, I was all she had, and recently she's made a connection with a group of people that she's doing research with at school this summer. I am extremely happy for her. It will be healthy for our relationship for her to have other types of support. While I would do anything for her, it could get exhausting at times. 

The problem is that she is getting very close with this one guy in her new friend group. They connected over similar past experiences, including ones that revolve around family issues. She's spent a good amount of time with him, and it's made me jealous. It's weird to think that she might have a close emotional connection with another guy. She's sent me pictures of the two of them. She tells me that they have a very similar sense of humor. Today, they went hiking together because he had a bad fight with his girlfriend and they broke up (She's never asked me to go hiking…). It' s got me feeling very uneasy. When I tried to confront her about it, she turned it around completely on me, saying that "I prefer our relationship when she was lonely and miserable, and I don't trust her." This wasn't true at all. Not even close, but trying to justify myself never works. She assured me that our relationship isn't in jeopardy at all. And I do trust her. It's the other guy I'm worried about. Now things are completely on edge and I'm trying my best to fix it, but our communication is all over the place. She seems really hurt. 

It sucks that we aren't together. I want to be with her. But the long distance thing sucks right now. How do I handle her guy-girl friendship? Will it change when she's living back at home and they aren't living at the same campus? Will it be different when I am back at school and we're able to see each other? Does any of this make sense?

Welllll - hey, man I can relate... not really to your sitch, but more to hers. About not being able to connect with people, and whatnot.

Imagine yourself in that position and when you finally find a person, or few people to actually connect with... well of course she is going to feel that way so it makes sense she said what she said.  She doesn't wanna give that up just to make your jealousy subside and I can't blame her. Sorry if that doesn't really help.

I think everyone has this idea that guy/girl friendships can't work because at one point, one will fall for the other...even if it's not at the same time. I've definitely found myself guilty of that and it's really not true. It is possible for her to have a healthy friendship and still have you be her one and only. Buuuuut I definitely understand where you're coming from and I would be concerned in your position too. To smooth things over maybe apologize and just try to explain how you're feeling, but twisting it more on him/complimenting her? Like: 

"I'm sorry for making you feel that I was happier when you didn't have anyone else to spend time with. I love being with you but I also love that you've made a connection with this great group of people. I trust you, but I know how wonderful you are and I know that he sees that as well. I'm just looking out for your best interest and I'm a little terrified of him making a move on you or putting you in an uncomfortable situation."

One of my best friends in college was a girl, Steph, and i REALLY liked her roommate. It never worked between the two of us though because roommate was intimidated by Steph and I's friendship. I eventually moved in to a house with Steph and her old roommate moved to the twin cities (2.5 hour drive away) and things never went further than that. I still super like the old roommate but it will never work between the two of us it seems. Also, steph is now in colorado.

So I guess I can understand your girlfriends stance on it all The Saint. It shouldn't be anything to really worry about. People just have friendship bonds that resonate on different levels.

So my girlfriend was in love with this guy for months before we started dating, and I guess he didn't reciprocate those feelings, and she was really heartbroken by it. Fastforward a year later, I just found out he had wrote a song about her using a different name, and it looks like he might have had feelings maybe, as far as I can tell from just listening to it. It kind of makes me queasy, but I'm not sure if I should feel obligated to tell her about this or not. I know she loves me, and I'm not really afraid of anything happening, but not sure if I should tell her. I could've lived my whole life without hearing that song, but it's like super weird to know how close I was to never being with the love of my life.

So my girlfriend was in love with this guy for months before we started dating, and I guess he didn't reciprocate those feelings, and she was really heartbroken by it. Fastforward a year later, I just found out he had wrote a song about her using a different name, and it looks like he might have had feelings maybe, as far as I can tell from just listening to it. It kind of makes me queasy, but I'm not sure if I should feel obligated to tell her about this or not. I know she loves me, and I'm not really afraid of anything happening, but not sure if I should tell her. I could've lived my whole life without hearing that song, but it's like super weird to know how close I was to never being with the love of my life.

Don't tell in my opinion, it doesn't benefit anyone her knowing about it.

Yeah I know, but I feel like if someone wrote a song about me, I should know about it, right? Fuck this totally bummed out my day.

Definitely not your responsibility and wouldn't recommend telling her. Why as her boyfriend would you inform her about a song this guy she previously really liked wrote possibly for and about her? Could be a huge decision you regret.

If I were you, I'd keep an eye on this guy so he doesn't rock the boat.

If my ex had written a song about me then I wouldn't want to know. We broke up for a reason and I don't want to go back to that place in my mind. There was a time for him to reciprocate those feelings and if the door has shut then there is no point in her feeling all that again. Especially if she is with you now.