MAN ADVICE v2.0

Sometimes I play videogames all day, but my hands are far from soft haha.

Sometimes I play videogames all day, but my hands are far from soft haha.

Haha oh jeeze. You guys have to know the type I am talking about. And I doubt you guys are like that. Nothing against video games. It is mostly the combo of video games all day / and soft hands.

Question for the girls: So this girl and I had originally planned to just go for coffee, but I asked if she wanted to go to the Modest Mouse show instead, if her ticket would be free. She said that that would be awesome etc. (Why do I spend my money on the things I do?) Anyways, would that be a big deal to you if you were supposed to go for coffee, but now the dude buys you a ticket to see Modest Mouse instead?

I'm obviously over thinking this, but this is the first time we've hung out in months and she realizes I just bought her a $45 ticket...

If a guy bought me a ticket to a concert I like, then I would be extremely happy about it. I would schedule a follow up date and make sure I paid so that things were balanced. Don't overthink it. Have an awesome time! I'm seriously jealous!

However if I had zero feelings for this guy I would decline the free ticket because I would feel uncomfortable about it but it sounds like she's into you.

Ugh. I'm awful at this. If I'm interested, I act interested. So bad at the "game"

In my experience, if there is chemistry then the texting flows pretty well but there is this guy who I'm really not into and in that case, I'm terrible with the texting. It becomes such a hassle and I rarely answer.

If a guy bought me a ticket to a concert I like, then I would be extremely happy about it. I would schedule a follow up date and make sure I paid so that things were balanced. Don't overthink it. Have an awesome time! I'm seriously jealous!

However if I had zero feelings for this guy I would decline the free ticket because I would feel uncomfortable about it but it sounds like she's into you.

I don't mind buying a girl a ticket for something, but if the relationship is relatively new and the event is a ways away, I like to make sure I have a friend who would want to go instead.  I feel like I'd be a little soured on a show if I bought a ticket for someone I liked and ended up going alone, bringing a friend helps ease that.

Ugh. I'm awful at this. If I'm interested, I act interested. So bad at the "game"

Yeah, I'm the same way. But then again, it's veryyyy obvious when I'm not interested. At least I'd like to think so, I'm selective about who I give my time to. 

I haven't waited between responding to texts at all, if I'm busy and don't have time...so be it...but I'm not into the "oh I saw you text but I'm gonna play it cool" game. Just not my style, but I have seen cases where it works. I guess it's more or less just doing what feels right to you and don't like...name your future children after the first date. Well I mean, at least don't tell him about it. 

My person-thing-interest (idk what to call him???) called me the other day to apologize for not talking to me one day. We talk in some shape or form every day since we've met and there was one day where he just didn't say anything to me. I was only worried because I figured something was wrong on his end and I know he had been dealing with a lot, but I didn't like pry or say anything about it. I figured he'd come to me when he was ready to talk about it. Sure enough, the next day he calls and apologizes. It was so surreal. but also really lovely to have someone that cared enough to communicate over something so silly. 

Then again, I'm just a sucker for good communication. 

Also, it's really hilarious that this is all happening to me right now because I have no clue what to do. I'm so thankful he lives a few states away and both of us are very much on the same page of not actually wanting relationships. So if anything, it's just a very emotionally involved friendship? I guess? Who knows.

My person-thing-interest (idk what to call him???) called me the other day to apologize for not talking to me one day. We talk in some shape or form every day since we've met and there was one day where he just didn't say anything to me. I was only worried because I figured something was wrong on his end and I know he had been dealing with a lot, but I didn't like pry or say anything about it. I figured he'd come to me when he was ready to talk about it. Sure enough, the next day he calls and apologizes. It was so surreal. but also really lovely to have someone that cared enough to communicate over something so silly.

That's very sweet of him to call.  Much better than getting a text message apology.

That's very sweet of him to call.  Much better than getting a text message apology.

He might actually be the nicest human being on earth but not in that weird, creepy way. 

Like some people are TOO nice and it's weird. He's just genuinely someone with a good spirit, we bounce well off each other. It's honestly something I'm not used to and I'm trying to enjoy it. 

I honestly would have been fine with a text message apology but the call was definitely above and beyond in the best way possible.

He might actually be the nicest human being on earth but not in that weird, creepy way.

Like some people are TOO nice and it's weird. He's just genuinely someone with a good spirit, we bounce well off each other. It's honestly something I'm not used to and I'm trying to enjoy it.

I honestly would have been fine with a text message apology but the call was definitely above and beyond in the best way possible.

Ya there aren't many of those around. He's a keeper whether as a friend or more. :)

So, to elaborate on the show/date last night.  Picked her up.  Drove to the show.  She refused to let me pay for parking, and paid.  She then refused to let me buy a drink, and bought me a beer.  The show started, Modest Mouse killed it.  Drove home, she said she had an awesome time. I gave her a hug.  She then Instagrammed a picture of the show and said "Modest Mouse was dope, thanks @brandnew" (me).

So it went well.

I had a similar experience with NMH tonight. Except I paid for her ticket. she bought me a drink (lemonade lol) and then we drove an hour home and then she bought me sorbet. and we went to a few bars. I think she's lesbian tho.

I also paid for her ticket. Now I'm laying on someone's trampoline fucking hammered listening to Youth Lagoon while everyone plays drinking games inside. They're probably wondering what the fuck I'm doing.

Got tired of Youth Lagoon really fast and now I'm jamming envy outside alone on a trampoline and it's raining lightly.

I also paid for her ticket. Now I'm laying on someone's trampoline fucking hammered listening to Youth Lagoon while everyone plays drinking games inside. They're probably wondering what the fuck I'm doing.

Got tired of Youth Lagoon really fast and now I'm jamming envy outside alone on a trampoline and it's raining lightly.

wow man youre Real Emo

here's one.

this time last year, jackie started working with me. i had an instant crush, and it killed me that she had an indifferent boyfriend. 

they broke up early this year, and once that happened, she decided to go live with her sister in jersey. on her last day, i confessed my attraction and whatnot to her. she seemed to accept it warmly.

in a way, her moving pretty much inspired me to do the same- realizing how easy it was for someone to just leave one store to go work at another.

since she moved, we talked about wanting to get together whenever she came back around. and the two times i was in the city. nothing ever worked out.

last night, we were able to get a couple drinks with one of her friends along for the ride. by the end of the night, i was pretty much grinding my teeth realizing that i'm still totally into her.  

we had some flirty texting going on tonight as well. her talking about just hearing about tinder.. telling me she'd be terrible at it, and that she only needs one guy to talk to.

after deciding i'd be moving as well, it has been effortless to avoid catching any feelings with any one. 

here, i'll be reasonably closer to someone who i find really special.

but i don't know if i want to find myself involved in something as i finally make an attempt at city life. 

what i do know, is that i'm doing that thing where i'm getting waaaaaayy ahead of myself. but i want to handle this situation delicately, because i don't want to screw things up with her.

My ex is so predictable...and I guess so am I. 

Saw each other for the first time in years at the local music festival today.  Which isn't really accurate because I saw her yesterday and just kind of dodged her the best I could.  Today our paths literally crossed so I said "Hello" to her.  We chatted a minute and left with a hug that I thought went on about 5 seconds longer than it should.  It was fine I mean we had to run across each other at some point.

Fast forward to about a half hour ago though and I get the 3 am we should hang out text.  Fuck my life.  Not fuck my life that she texted me, I say that more as fuck my life that I would actually entertain the idea of texting her back and starting up something terrible again. 

So now to prevent my self from texting her and doing something I'd regret tonight I'm writing this out. 

My ex is so predictable...and I guess so am I.

Saw each other for the first time in years at the local music festival today. Which isn't really accurate because I saw her yesterday and just kind of dodged her the best I could. Today our paths literally crossed so I said "Hello" to her. We chatted a minute and left with a hug that I thought went on about 5 seconds longer than it should. It was fine I mean we had to run across each other at some point.

Fast forward to about a half hour ago though and I get the 3 am we should hang out text. Fuck my life. Not fuck my life that she texted me, I say that more as fuck my life that I would actually entertain the idea of texting her back and starting up something terrible again.

So now to prevent my self from texting her and doing something I'd regret tonight I'm writing this out.

Smart move talking to us instead. As soon as you start texting again then things can spiral pretty quick. I've been there and silence is the best. At least in my case anyway. It's also one of the harder things to do :(.