MAN ADVICE v2.0

Time to get involved. Anyone who is emotionally manipulative like that needs to be cut out like a cancerous tumor.

I know that's probably the last thing she wants, but assert yourself man.

I'm going to see how this weekend goes, but she did say she didn't think they'd be talking anymore after this.  I'm hoping that's the case.

Yeah, I didn't want to be the one to say it, but it sounds like you might have to get in this guy's face. Pull some white knight shit. Prob a good idea to make sure the lady is cool with it first tho... and I would be careful, buddy already sounds like he's in stalker-ish territory, and has a bit of a screw loose... don't want him coming around vandalizing your shit or possibly doing even more bizarre stuff.

Yeah, I didn't want to be the one to say it, but it sounds like you might have to get in this guy's face. Pull some white knight shit. Prob a good idea to make sure the lady is cool with it first tho... and I would be careful, buddy already sounds like he's in stalker-ish territory, and has a bit of a screw loose... don't want him coming around vandalizing your shit or possibly doing even more bizarre stuff.

It's crossed my mind, but I don't think that would make things any better at this point.  If anything, I think it could make things worse (and possibly damage my relationship).  I'm the first guy she's dated since they broke up about a year ago, so I don't think she quite realized what his reaction would be when it happened.  I think she's realized that they can't remain friends if she wants to be able to date people or whatever.

It's crossed my mind, but I don't think that would make things any better at this point.  If anything, I think it could make things worse (and possibly damage my relationship).  I'm the first guy she's dated since they broke up about a year ago, so I don't think she quite realized what his reaction would be when it happened.  I think she's realized that they can't remain friends if she wants to be able to date people or whatever.

Yeah I hear ya... yr prob right. Good to keep a cool head.  Dude sounds like a knob tho, makin yr lady all distressed/cryin n whatnot.

Yeah I hear ya... yr prob right. Good to keep a cool head.  Dude sounds like a knob tho, makin yr lady all distressed/cryin n whatnot.

I barely know him, but I'm getting that impression too.  I didn't ask why they broke up in the first place, but I'm guessing it's due to shit like this.  I'm ready for the weekend to be over, I'm slowly starting to stress out about her being gone all weekend.  But I think that's mainly because my imagination runs fucking wild when I have nothing to do, which is the case right now.  Trying to keep as busy as possible, it helps.

Mr J Rawks, I'd suggest her getting her own netflix account sooner rather than later. He'll be using that as some sort of lifeline between the too, and maybe even thinking it's a way for her to show she still cares or wants him in her life.

Which, is fine in a platonic way if everyone is on the same page. But it seems like this dude is in another book. I'd also not get in his face about it. Just flick him a text, email or call. Let him know that you are going to treat her well, and that could he just back off a little. Even suggest hanging out sometime in the near future as a way to get rid of him for now. Then space the hangs further and further apart.

Don't get aggressive. It's lame, and should only ever be a last resort

I barely know him, but I'm getting that impression too.  I didn't ask why they broke up in the first place, but I'm guessing it's due to shit like this.  I'm ready for the weekend to be over, I'm slowly starting to stress out about her being gone all weekend.  But I think that's mainly because my imagination runs fucking wild when I have nothing to do, which is the case right now.  Trying to keep as busy as possible, it helps.

I hear ya on that, but don't let that imagination run amok, guy. Remember, there was a time when everyone didn't have cell phones and people survived. I totally get where you are comin form tho.

Mr J Rawks, I'd suggest her getting her own netflix account sooner rather than later. He'll be using that as some sort of lifeline between the too, and maybe even thinking it's a way for her to show she still cares or wants him in her life.

Which, is fine in a platonic way if everyone is on the same page. But it seems like this dude is in another book. I'd also not get in his face about it. Just flick him a text, email or call. Let him know that you are going to treat her well, and that could he just back off a little. Even suggest hanging out sometime in the near future as a way to get rid of him for now. Then space the hangs further and further apart.

Don't get aggressive. It's lame, and should only ever be a last resort

Fucking solid advice, man. Well done.

Next time I have a problem, I am going to ask myself... 'What Would Jase Do?'

Thanks Jase, that's really solid advice.  Right now I'm going to see where things are at the beginning of the week and play it by ear.  The last thing she needs is two guys being nut bags, so I'm trying to keep a level head and not do anything irrational or impulsive (which is pretty unlike me anyway).

I hear ya on that, but don't let that imagination run amok, guy. Remember, there was a time when everyone didn't have cell phones and people survived. I totally get where you are comin form tho.

Haha, yeah.  Stupid technology has somehow made life easier and more frustrating at the same time.  I over think and let my imagination run wild for about everything, but I've gotten better at dismissing the thoughts. 

9/10 times I'd get drunk and fall asleep in someones garden

That cracked me up.

• 2 weeks later...

aaaand that's the end of that...

My GF just broke up with me because she is isn't sure what she wants anymore. Over this past week she hung out with this dude from work and ended up getting a crush and kissing him. This caused her to think that she had cheated on me and felt really bad about everything. Also she said that she still doesn't feel that spark with us (which is weird cause in the sack... eh whatever). Anyways she confessed this all to me last night. I told her that having a crush on someone and drunkenly kissing them doesn't mean shit to me. People can be attracted to others and end up having these crushes, that's natural and doesn't mean shit, but I guess she felt otherwise plus that compounded with her present state of "I don't know what I'm doing with my life" didn't help sooo now I'm back on the menu girls. 

Fuck and my roommate's out of town for like 3 weeks starting in a couple weeks. I was hoping to have all of the sex. 

oh no!!!! that's the worst - i'm sorry road monkey

Thanks bro, This sucks it's the first time I've ever broken up with someone because we weren't not happy with each other. 

I get all the best closers these days... She said "I still love you and you are my favorite person. Maybe we can try again some time" (ie when she has her shit together... not holding my breath on that one). 

My ex wife previous to her told me "I still love you as a person, just not as a husband". 

I don't see how it can work again if it was so bad the first time around that you had to split.

I have. My ex and I dated in HS for three years and we have been together again for two years now. The seven years inbetween relationships definitely helped. Especially maturity wise

Remember like a month + ago when I said that this girl had agreed to go for coffee with me and catch up, but then ignored me when I would ask her to go? Well, it took like a month and a half, but she texted me saying, "Coffee sometime this week? I'm serious though".

lol

No freaking way! Lol

Remember like a month + ago when I said that this girl had agreed to go for coffee with me and catch up, but then ignored me when I would ask her to go? Well, it took like a month and a half, but she texted me saying, "Coffee sometime this week? I'm serious though".

lol

This has now turned into us going to the Modest Mouse show on Thursday. Can't complain.

That it is. And I hate texting interaction with someone I hardly know. What are the rules for that shit?

When I lived with my girlfriends I would dictate their texts to guys. I was so good, dammit.

My biggest piece of advice would be to not answer right away. :)

Honestly the whole texting thing right off the bat is kinda a pain, call me a dinosaur, but I prefered to talk to a girl on the phone. Texting just makes the whole thing even start unreal. Like you are just another in a long line of texts. 

I say if it feels right then just do it, if not then don't worry about it. Texting, calling, whatever. If the other person has a hang up, that's their issue.