MAN ADVICE v2.0

Honestly the whole texting thing right off the bat is kinda a pain, call me a dinosaur, but I prefered to talk to a girl on the phone. Texting just makes the whole thing even start unreal. Like you are just another in a long line of texts.

I say if it feels right then just do it, if not then don't worry about it. Texting, calling, whatever. If the other person has a hang up, that's their issue.

I would rather just talk in person you know? Texting is the least ideal way to communicate.

Talking in person is also rad, however these days it seems that getting someone to spend 10 minutes to get coffee as an introduction is damn near impossible haha.

God forbid you meet for 10 minutes to get a general idea and then plan more or not after that.

There's this dating service thing that you need a group of friends and you essentially go out on a group date with another group. I wonder if I can get some dudes to go in with me on this thing. 

Ahh here it is: https://www.joingrouper.com/

Honestly the whole texting thing right off the bat is kinda a pain, call me a dinosaur, but I prefered to talk to a girl on the phone. Texting just makes the whole thing even start unreal. Like you are just another in a long line of texts. 

I say if it feels right then just do it, if not then don't worry about it. Texting, calling, whatever. If the other person has a hang up, that's their issue.

I mostly like starting out with texting.  It gives me some time to think about my responses and get over my initial nervousness.  On the flip side of that, waiting for a response can be really unpleasant. 

Question for the girls: So this girl and I had originally planned to just go for coffee, but I asked if she wanted to go to the Modest Mouse show instead, if her ticket would be free. She said that that would be awesome etc. (Why do I spend my money on the things I do?) Anyways, would that be a big deal to you if you were supposed to go for coffee, but now the dude buys you a ticket to see Modest Mouse instead?

I'm obviously over thinking this, but this is the first time we've hung out in months and she realizes I just bought her a $45 ticket...

Question for the girls: So this girl and I had originally planned to just go for coffee, but I asked if she wanted to go to the Modest Mouse show instead, if her ticket would be free. She said that that would be awesome etc. (Why do I spend my money on the things I do?) Anyways, would that be a big deal to you if you were supposed to go for coffee, but now the dude buys you a ticket to see Modest Mouse instead?

I'm obviously over thinking this, but this is the first time we've hung out in months and she realizes I just bought her a $45 ticket...

As long as she knows what your intentions are I see no problem.

You're overthinking. Coffee is cute but if a guy bought me a ticket to see a band I like? Swoon.

Should make for a good start!

Ugh. I'm awful at this. If I'm interested, I act interested. So bad at the "game"

I feel it. When I was single I would just try and occupy my time and not always be glued to my phone ready to send an immediate response. This way he realizes you are an awesome, busy, in demand woman which you obviously are :)

I had crazy respect for any guy who called me and didn't text, I loved that!

But in the end, games are just games, and I hated them as well. Besides not answering right away, I was pretty up front with my feelings, and always followed through when I made plans with a dude. honesty is refreshing I think.

Talking in person is also rad, however these days it seems that getting someone to spend 10 minutes to get coffee as an introduction is damn near impossible haha.

God forbid you meet for 10 minutes to get a general idea and then plan more or not after that.

There's this dating service thing that you need a group of friends and you essentially go out on a group date with another group. I wonder if I can get some dudes to go in with me on this thing. 

Ahh here it is: https://www.joingrouper.com/

That sounds intriguing.... Minus the fact that I have no friends here. sooo..... I have been doing tinder. Which is weird.

I think it is awesome. But that is just me. Some girls get weirded out. If she is one of those, then she is a dumbass and you deserve better.

I feel it. When I was single I would just try and occupy my time and not always be glued to my phone ready to send an immediate response. This way he realizes you are an awesome, busy, in demand woman which you obviously are :)

I had crazy respect for any guy who called me and didn't text, I loved that!

But in the end, games are just games, and I hated them as well. Besides not answering right away, I was pretty up front with my feelings, and always followed through when I made plans with a dude. honesty is refreshing I think.

Ya, minus the fact that he is kind of slow to answer too. Why can't we just be normal and talk normally!? I hate technology sometimes. It just creates barriers that make things even more confusing. 

This guy and I have hung out before, we have gotten drinks, gone to the beach and once I made him dinner at his house. I thought we were hanging out as friends. He had said more of his friends were going to come and then he was like just kidding! We just had fun and enjoyed the awesome foods I made. But again I thought this all was as friends... well. He recently asked me out, on a date. And I was pretty confused. And now I am super nervous! I think we are going out tonight? But he is really bad at communicating. No solid plans have been made and I am not one to sit around. Just not really sure what I am supposed to do.

Are you an axe murderer? Do you have long finger nails? Do you have creepily soft hands?

These are deal breakers when I make new friends.

I've watch So I married an Axe Murderer a lot (Required Movie to see when living in the Bay Area That, Big Trouble in Little China, Bullitt, and The Rock) 

I have a kinda nervous tick that causes me to bite my nails so no long nails there...

and no I do not have creepily soft hands.. Though I have been known to use lotion cause they get dry working in the datacenter. 

Ya, minus the fact that he is kind of slow to answer too. Why can't we just be normal and talk normally!? I hate technology sometimes. It just creates barriers that make things even more confusing. 

This guy and I have hung out before, we have gotten drinks, gone to the beach and once I made him dinner at his house. I thought we were hanging out as friends. He had said more of his friends were going to come and then he was like just kidding! We just had fun and enjoyed the awesome foods I made. But again I thought this all was as friends... well. He recently asked me out, on a date. And I was pretty confused. And now I am super nervous! I think we are going out tonight? But he is really bad at communicating. No solid plans have been made and I am not one to sit around. Just not really sure what I am supposed to do.

girl, take the lead! just call him and ask what's up.  

I consider that a cardinal sin when someone cancels plans via text instead of calling. But then again, I have a strong aversion to how lazy dating can be.

Yeah. I am not too impressed. He said he isn't feeling well. I have a hard time believing dudes when they say that. I mean, if you changed your mind or found someone hotter to go out with, you can just say it.