MAN ADVICE v2.0

here's one.

this time last year, jackie started working with me. i had an instant crush, and it killed me that she had an indifferent boyfriend. 

they broke up early this year, and once that happened, she decided to go live with her sister in jersey. on her last day, i confessed my attraction and whatnot to her. she seemed to accept it warmly.

in a way, her moving pretty much inspired me to do the same- realizing how easy it was for someone to just leave one store to go work at another.

since she moved, we talked about wanting to get together whenever she came back around. and the two times i was in the city. nothing ever worked out.

last night, we were able to get a couple drinks with one of her friends along for the ride. by the end of the night, i was pretty much grinding my teeth realizing that i'm still totally into her.  

we had some flirty texting going on tonight as well. her talking about just hearing about tinder.. telling me she'd be terrible at it, and that she only needs one guy to talk to.

after deciding i'd be moving as well, it has been effortless to avoid catching any feelings with any one. 

here, i'll be reasonably closer to someone who i find really special.

but i don't know if i want to find myself involved in something as i finally make an attempt at city life. 

what i do know, is that i'm doing that thing where i'm getting waaaaaayy ahead of myself. but i want to handle this situation delicately, because i don't want to screw things up with her.

If you find someone who makes you feel something and the feeling is mutual then you'd be silly not to go for it. It doesn't come along all the time and you could always look back thinking what if. That's the worse.

Had the worst fucking night. I've been hanging with this guy lately and I thought we were going to turn into something really cool but that blew UP in my face last night. He and I were hanging out on Monday and it was like no one else existed in the world, and then last night at a friends birthday, he and some other girl were all over each other.

Pretty upset about it last night and now I'm just like fuck that noise.

Isn't that the worst? Like they have no respect for you or something. A few New Years eves ago I was soooo into this guy. I had to sit back and watch while he was all over 2 other girls... Even kissing one at midnight right in front of me. I cried as it was turning midnight haha. He then thought it was okay to come up to me at the end of the night and ask to come over.

Isn't that the worst? Like they have no respect for you or something. A few New Years eves ago I was soooo into this guy. I had to sit back and watch while he was all over 2 other girls... Even kissing one at midnight right in front of me. I cried as it was turning midnight haha. He then thought it was okay to come up to me at the end of the night and ask to come over.

Also got dicked over on New Years once. Brutal.

Something about the blind hope that people have on that night. Like it's a new year and it's magic and everything could change, and then you get crushed and it's especially hard to get over.

that was part of the very rocky beginning of a relationship that's been well-chronicled around here. i'm also pretty sure i've only had 1 new year's kiss. which seems kind of sad.

The only valentines I had was terrible. My ex and I celebrated the day after and he gave me day old roses and chocolate. I wouldn't have cared about the roses but he said "yeah they were really cheap the day after" and the chocolate was a mixed bag of GV chocolate . I don't even like chocolate. After 2 years together he should have known that. I also don't like flowers. We could have just split a pizza and watched a movie and I would have been happy. I suppose I was just mad because he didn't know anything about me.

• 4 weeks later...

I was bored over the weekend and signed up for Ok Cupid.  Anyway, there's a girl on there that's pretty cute and seems cool.  Do any of you VC gals have any advice on what to send as a first message?  I'm trying to think of something that isn't awkward or boring and drawing a blank.

Pick out something specific she mentioned on her profile and talk about that. A movie, book, show, whatever. Also ask something that will elicit a response. Maybe ask how her holiday weekend went. The usual 'ur hot' gives the girl nothing to reply to. Not that you would say that, but you know what I mean :)

You need something that is more genuine than "hello" and something less creepy than "you have a nice rack, congratulations". Not joking, my friend was messaged that lol. Now we always joke and tell her "congratulations". Haha

Basically if a girl is interested she will respond back but if she's not then you'll get ignored. Maybe start with asking her about favorite movie or band? Just something to peak her interest to respond.

I'm bad with giving advice. Maybe the other ladies can help more than me?

I say just go for it. If she's interested then she will talk back. I've always thought you've been cool on here and I'm sure she will think the same.

Aw, thanks!  I over think all this stuff, it's just how I am.  I'm not in any rush to send the message, so I'm just going to take my time on it and hope for the best.

I don't miss being single but man it was fun sometimes getting those messages. I remember one guy said we lived so close he could ejaculate that far... And I still talked to him for a while after that. Oh crazy young Madie.

I don't miss being single but man it was fun sometimes getting those messages. I remember one guy said we lived so close he could ejaculate that far... And I still talked to him for a while after that. Oh crazy young Madie.

Hahaha. OMG. That's hilarious but crazy! I kind of think I would have continued to talk to him too.

As far as first contact with a gal, be creative and definitely be original.  Give her something that she would remember at the end of the day, week, month, whatever.  If you can find a mixture of cute and funny, then do that.  There aren't a lot of things that I'm good at besides disappointing my parents and talking to ladies.  

I would message her with this comment -

The fappening is happening. No time to be clever. In a week when I recover wanna get a coffee. Better make it two weeks.

Dudes is the worst.

This is my favorite post in recent memory

Well. I was reminded why I have been single for 2 years. Guys really know how to play the game. I've been dating this guy and we finally had the talk.... He never had intentions of dating me seriously. He was just having fun I guess? Cool. The most annoying part is he was the one pursuing me. Why do guys do this?

Well. I was reminded why I have been single for 2 years. Guys really know how to play the game. I've been dating this guy and we finally had the talk.... He never had intentions of dating me seriously. He was just having fun I guess? Cool. The most annoying part is he was the one pursuing me. Why do guys do this?

I have no answers, just wanna say fuck that guy.

I have no answers, just wanna say fuck that guy.

I second shelby. 

Feel free to message me and vent, you're worth so much more than that!