E3 2014 Discussion

Sony has more horsepower, so you'll get slightly better looking games and although they both over free games if you sign-up for their subscription service, Sony tends to have the better offers. Both systems require a fee for online play, 

Microsoft, at least last generation, had a fairly sizable lead with their network and online functionality and had a lot more options for non-gaming third-party content. There could be some theoretical benefits in single-player or online play from their cloud-streaming service but developers haven't really taken advantage of that yet. 

So, like other people said, take a look at what Console exclusives appeal to you. Most large games are multi-platform now so their isn't as many as their was but their are still some that people think are dealbreakers. Shelby seems to love Bloodborne for some reason, while other people really want that Halo. Their both priced at $399 now (without the Kinect for Xbox) so that isn't much of an issue. 

Another thing to consider is what do most of your friends have. The reason I spent 80% of my time on the Xbox last generation was most people I gamed with had that!

Thank you for a constructive comment.  I think that most of my friends will probably get a PS4, but I absolutely NEED to play Inside, and I'm pretty sure that will be a Xbox exclusive. Not too stuck on Halo. I also had an Xbox last generation, and I was happy, minus some mechanical flaws. The games look fantastic on PS4, and the drop-in function on Farcry 4 looks awesome.

I would say that I am 100% undecided. Spending $400 is tough man.

"From the creators of “LIMBO”, Playdead is bringing “INSIDE” to Xbox first in 2015."

Looks like it might hit other systems or PC. I'm not sure I would stake my purchase decision on a single indie game, but the choice is yours bud. 

Limbo ended up coming to PS3 a year later, I'm just being hesitant.