WHIRR - Sway LP (out on 9/23) and Pipe Dreams Redux

The vocals on the record sound soooo good.

This for sure.  I know my posts in this thread may seem a little negative, but the truth is that I was elated when I queued up the album and track 1 began to play.  Instrumentally, vocally... it's all top notch.  I agree with anyone who says it's their best material since Distressor.  The vocals, especially, are mixed so very nicely.  Extremely surprised (and pleased) with the way Sway turned out, and I only hope that the band is able to fine-tune their live performance to match it over time.

The record I bought the other night is not what is pictured anywhere.  It's like a mustard gold color. $20 bucks... other albums for sale for $15 and they take debit/credit cards.  Bring earplugs.

"The retail color started at white-ish bone, then went to brownish gold and then back to bone.  I have a hunch the manufacturing company ran out of white for a day."

From an email from Ryan

"The retail color started at white-ish bone, then went to brownish gold and then back to bone.  I have a hunch the manufacturing company ran out of white for a day."

From an email from Ryan

Well crap, thanks for the info.  The white bone one looks better IMO, but whatever.... the album is great.

I totally forgot about it, but was Pipe Dreams Redux available at the show? Not even sure if it's out yet, but just wondering since I forgot to check when I was so busy trying to pay for the Sway album.

Is your copy the goldish color like mine? Wondering if they're trying to unload those at the shows or I just got unlucky.

Yeah it's slightly warped when it's on side A, but when I flip it to side B it stays flat.  I'd rather bands press with 180g than do a gatefold cover, standard weight just warps too easily.

I've never received a record that was too warped to play in hot as hell south Florida. I don't understand why it's so complained about.

Yeah it's slightly warped when it's on side A, but when I flip it to side B it stays flat.  I'd rather bands press with 180g than do a gatefold cover, standard weight just warps too easily.

Agreed. Although 180g vinyl will cost a bit more, I would be willing to pay the price.

And Shelby, maybe some people just prefer having stable, flat records. For me, it's more aesthetically pleasing to see my turntable's tonearm in a stable position when spinning records. I hate it when the tone arm rides up and down on a warped record. I don't know if it effects the sound in any way, but I just hate how it looks.

Agreed. Although 180g vinyl will cost a bit more, I would be willing to pay the price.

And Shelby, maybe some people just prefer having stable, flat records. For me, it's more aesthetically pleasing to see my turntable's tonearm in a stable position when spinning records. I hate it when the tone arm rides up and down on a warped record. I don't know if it effects the sound in any way, but I just hate how it looks.

lol