WHIRR - Sway LP (out on 9/23) and Pipe Dreams Redux

Just saw on Graveface's facebook that someone leaked it... He had the dencency to give it to us RC'ers and then that happens. Really stupid.

Surely he knew that was a huge possibility. You can't send something to 300 people on the internet and assume every single one of them is an honest person.

Surely he knew that was a huge possibility. You can't send something to 300 people on the internet and assume every single one of them is an honest person.

I mean it's obviously inevitable, but still. I don't know, I just think it's stupid/disrespectful. He knows who it is and I think he's giving them the boot/a refund.

You can't send something to 300 people on the internet and assume every single one of them is an honest person.

I can...and did.  I view this label more as a mom and pop operation than your typical label.  It's just me.  And then I have Olivia to mail shit out.  Do people steal from your locally owned health food store where you've come to know and appreciate the owners and/or employees?  I'm sure they do, but it's far less than at a Walmart for example.  Why is that?  Respect.  People tend to respect smaller operations that they're ultimately supporting. 

But you can scrap my above rant and simply say that at 33 years old I'm still naive. 

Moot point.  The record is out there now so I might as well send everyone that pre-ordered it download links rather than risking folks getting a virus from a bad link.  Expect that soon y'all. 

Nighty Night. 

We're sending pre-orders out starting Tuesday morning so you'll have the full album well before the release date as well. 

It's just a nice thing to reward those that trust my musical taste enough to throw $150 up front my way. 

Your support is very much so appreciated though and I hope you enjoy the album when it hits you next week.

Makes sense. Graveface is a great label, wish I could afford the club.

I'm on probably my 15th listen already - literally all I listened to while delivering tonight. Not to get emotional, after losing my best friend/dog of the past 13 years yesterday, this record fits my mood to a T. "Dry" and "Clear" are both perfect tracks, as well as "Press". Honestly, every song is fantastic...those three just stuck out to me. If I hadn't heard "Mumble"/"Heavy"/"Lines" already, I'm sure I'd be raving about those more. Overall, beautifully melancholy with a degree of aggression. AOTY for me.

This just truly couldn't have come at a better time for me. Thank you, Graveface and thank you, Whirr.

Edit: watching the video, it seems like just random handfuls of colored pvc pellets. It doesn't seem like you could tell what the records will look like, except for the color palette chosen. Makes me wonder why New Fumes is so trendy.

I think the main attraction is that his records look like none I've ever seen with a huge variety in color/contrast/etc. - Instead of "trendy" his work is unique.

really bummed i'm a jerk and can't afford the graveface record club at the moment.

those RC variants look insane.

i know whirr have their record release variants at their first stop, but will they also have the regular 'ol LPs on tour?

if possible, i wanna hold off on listening to the new joint before i grab it at their show on saturday because for some reason i'm a super jerk and haven't pre-ordered what i expect to be my AOTY.

really bummed i'm a jerk and can't afford the graveface record club at the moment.

i know whirr have their record release variants at their first stop, but will they also have the regular 'ol LPs on tour?

if possible, i wanna hold off on listening to the new joint before i grab it at their show on saturday because for some reason i'm a super jerk and haven't pre-ordered what i expect to be my AOTY.

Quit being such a jerk

They definitely have a ton of regular LPs with them on tour.

Side note: they killed it last night. I think that was the best I've seen them.

They definitely have a ton of regular LPs with them on tour.

Side note: they killed it last night. I think that was the best I've seen them.

So how much was the special LP, any left? I'm trying to do a pick up for up to 5 (Could've sworn I had more messages thrown my way about a pick up) 3 members here my self excluded on Monday night here in San Diego