WHIRR - Sway LP (out on 9/23) and Pipe Dreams Redux

he is lol'ing because who the hell watches a record spin while listening? i just imagine some mongoloid drooling while staring at the turntable.

A DJ that spins vinyl? Anyone who scratches? Or assholes like me that come home from work, grab a beer, put a record on and stare like a mongoloid at the record player because I hate TV.

he is lol'ing because who the hell watches a record spin while listening? i just imagine some mongoloid drooling while staring at the turntable.

A DJ that spins vinyl? Anyone who scratches? Or assholes like me that come home from work, grab a beer, put a record on and stare like a mongoloid at the record player because I hate TV.

tumblr_n5yfncLP1p1tpf69qo1_500.gif

One dude on these threads did a trade with me. I sent my record first (it was Scabdates if you wanna know) and he spun it before he even boxed up my record. I bought this record to specifically trade for what I wanted from him. Well, he spins it once and messages me saying he's going to send it back because he doesn't like the way it was pressed. He says the way the grooves were pressed made the tone arm go slightly side to side when playing. I don't know if this actually ruins the tone arm (I'm sure one or two records that do this won't mess up the turntable), but that little trade pissed me off. Just saying. If you read this then YES I am talking about YOU.

One dude on these threads did a trade with me. I sent my record first (it was Scabdates if you wanna know) and he spun it before he even boxed up my record. I bought this record to specifically trade for what I wanted from him. Well, he spins it once and messages me saying he's going to send it back because he doesn't like the way it was pressed. He says the way the grooves were pressed made the tone arm go slightly side to side when playing. I don't know if this actually ruins the tone arm (I'm sure one or two records that do this won't mess up the turntable), but that little trade pissed me off. Just saying. If you read this then YES I am talking about YOU.

That dude sounds like a real prick.

Hey, guys. Yes, it was for Frances the Mute. I would have procured anything for that trade. Btw, I'm at the Whirr show and they only have 3 of the /25 your posters left. One was badly bent so I'd say two posters are left.

You said Scabsates before. Get your flippin story straight. What do you want for the poster? Deja?

I've bought quite a few records specifically for trading purposes. I find it hilarious how certain people have their little "ethics" about records.

Hey dude, we've moved on from that discussion. That guy wasn't even talking about this record. Nobody cares about what kind of stupid shit you do with your free time.

My comment was in response to the warped copies of Sway that people have been getting on the tour. There was half a page of comments about the tone arm going up and down. My analogy was about a tone arm issue and getting ripped because of that. Anyway, I have a tour poster I'd sale or trade. I couldn't get anymore because they sold the other three before I had a chance to grab anymore. If anyone wants one just message me. I'd do a cheap record or enough cash to cover the poster, shipping and a few bucks.

Btw, coming from the source, how many orange copies are there in the batch and how many were pressed in this first pressing? I noticed that the mail-order copies were the cream-colored vinyl and the tour copies are more orange.

It's not like that.  They were all pressed under the guise that they were the same color.  I have a hunch the manufacturer ran out of white (which would've been used in conjunction with the yellow to make it our chosen color) at some point and just kept on rolling with them.  The retail pressing is 2700 copies so it could be any amount really as we paid to receive 2700 cream colored copies and they gave us that range of colors.  I wasn't about to count how many were not ideal.

It's not like that.  They were all pressed under the guise that they were the same color.  I have a hunch the manufacturer ran out of white (which would've been used in conjunction with the yellow to make it our chosen color) at some point and just kept on rolling with them.  The retail pressing is 2700 copies so it could be any amount really as we paid to receive 2700 cream colored copies and they gave us that range of colors.  I wasn't about to count how many were not ideal.

Yeah, I noticed that none of the records look entirely the same. Very cool. Thanks!