Well anyone can sign any record, something like this would not go for much more then what the record usually goes for new or used.

This^^

Unless you have documentation of it being signed by who you say it is signed by, it's technically just a damaged cover on your record.

Look at it this way, I could grab any random record, sign someone in the band's name to it in sharpie and say "Oh, I saw ::insert band here:: and got this signed, it's worth more now."

That said, I do like to get my records signed when I can, I just never plan to resell any that are signed/wouldn't ask more than the going rate for them.

EDIT: Ra Ra Riot haven't been any good since The Rhumb Line, anyway. (y'know, just to be a jerk.)

This^^

Unless you have documentation of it being signed by who you say it is signed by, it's technically just a damaged cover on your record.

Agree totally. This is why whenever I go to a club gig hoping to get a band's latest record signed I hire a film crew and a still photographer.

This is so my ebay listing can read "signed L@@K PROOF" and I can cash the fukc out! ;^D

I guess I just never understood the whole buying already signed records thing.  If you meet the band, and they're cool, and they sign your record, that's a memory. If you just have some scribbles on the cover of your record...meh.

Yes. and again it's Ra Ra Riot. If you want to know how much to flip it for then the answer is cost. or put it on ebay for $25 bucks and maybe in 9 months a SUPER FAN will buy it and hang it on their wall.

I guess I just never understood the whole buying already signed records thing.  If you meet the band, and they're cool, and they sign your record, that's a memory. If you just have some scribbles on the cover of your record...meh.

Sign a Flaming Lips record and list it on eBay. Your wallet will then understand.

**Disclaimer this is a joke**