Anyone here from Portland, or know the area?

If you can only hit up two.. I would recommend 2nd Avenue records downtown and Music Millennium on the East side off of Burnside.

This exactly. Both of the stores are a reasonable distance from each other too. If you feel like getting Voodoo Doughnuts (place gets a ton of hype), there is a record store called Everyday Music a block away from the location on Sandy. It's not my favorite store, but you can find some stuff in their used sections and they have a lot of bigger new releases. If you are downtown, there is also an Everyday Music location on West Burnside. Powell's Books is a few blocks away, as well as a ton of amazing food carts in the area.

Check out Exiled Records and Mississippi Records if you like the more experimental side of things.

yeah, 2nd avenue, powells, ground control are all awesome. if you get a chance hit up bad ass sandwiches off of se 2nd. 

voodoo donuts is fuckin' overrated. i went there was completely unsatisfied with their donuts. yeah, their kitchy, but not good by any means. 

is green noise records still around? 

yeah, 2nd avenue, powells, ground control are all awesome. if you get a chance hit up bad ass sandwiches off of se 2nd. 

voodoo donuts is fuckin' overrated. i went there was completely unsatisfied with their donuts. yeah, their kitchy, but not good by any means. 

is green noise records still around? 

i think green noise is still around. i had a buddy snag me some mailers from there because it was close to her about 6 months ago.

weren't they mainly punk/metal?

I mostly mentioned it because it is a touristy location that gets a ton of hype outside of the NW. I agree though, it's not very good. They have vegan doughnuts, which is the only good thing I can say.

go to baby doll pizza! my cousin just opened the pizza place a little more than a year ago and it's racking up the positive reviews. they have vegan cheese too if thats how you roll

I am going to check it out. It's like four miles from where I live. I always need more places with vegan pizza.

When are you flying into Portland? I absolutely love 2nd Ave Records! I live like 10 mins from downtown so if you want some company let me know!

I get there at like 6 am on thursday. I have a buddy who works for Nike and he is supposed to be meeting me for lunch, but who knows. Most of this trip will be in bend or else I would definitely take you up on the company offer. From the looks of it, I will be going to 2nd Ave for sure. I really appreciate all these recommendations. Is it feasible for me to park the rental and ride the bus or tram around downtown?

I get there at like 6 am on thursday. I have a buddy who works for Nike and he is supposed to be meeting me for lunch, but who knows. Most of this trip will be in bend or else I would definitely take you up on the company offer. From the looks of it, I will be going to 2nd Ave for sure. I really appreciate all these recommendations. Is it feasible for me to park the rental and ride the bus or tram around downtown?

I found that there were tons of relatively cheap parking garages downtown when I was there.  The other thing that was weird, we parked in a massive 10+ story parking garage, then by the time we got back to our car around midnight, there was no attendant, and simply a box with a little slit that said to leave an envelope of some sort.  It was very misleading, and I wasn't about to shove a $10 bill in it when no one was there.  Needless to say, I didn't have to pay for parking that day.

But seriously, go to Blue Star Donuts!

Very feasible. Public transit in Portland is the best.

Very feasible. Public transit in Portland is the best.

Glad to hear it. I am stoked for Powells. There's some star wars omnibus's i've been wanting and hopefully they have them for cheaper or the same price as online. Again, thanks to everyone here for all the suggestions. I'll probably grab a dozen donuts and eat them on the drive to Bend. Y'all are awesome.

Hey man, I actually live in Bend!

Locally we only have two shops:a regional chain store called Ranch Records and a completely independent store called Recycle Music. Ranch is your average record store- a decent amount of newer records at average prices. They have some used records too, but they tend to be your typical $1 bin stuff. Recycle is much more geared to used, older, harder to find titles. They have creates and creates of older titles (12" & 45s), but you have to be willing to dig. They also have a small selection of new records, but prices are just a tad higher than Ranch for the new releases.

There are tons of fun things to do in Bend during the summer, especially if you are into outdoor activities. Feel free to PM me for more details. I have too small children and am in and out of town this summer, but if I'm around id be down to meetup at a shop or drink a beer if you need company.