PO Soon: Grouper - Ruins October 31

rooks

I think I'm just gonna spring for the Kranky edition. I don't want to beat myself up for not being able to grab something that's gonna be hard to get as it is; and besides, I have a couple other things I've been meaning to pick up from Kranky anyway.

EDIT: Hey, guess what? It's up for order now through Kranky.

Just got this email from Liz. Stoked.

Hello,

Hope everyone is well.

I'm going to begin taking pre-orders for Ruins, GR-014.  

Self released version:
-letter pressed glued jacket; pale silver on matte black
-fold out insert (photos/some lyrics)
-CD of 45 min or so long field recording of a thunderstorm recorded in Aljezur

I've attached some images of the LP jacket, and CD jacket artwork.

Still working out price as I haven't paid all production costs in full yet. Letter press, CD and insert all added up to quite a bit, especially as I worked with quality and near-to-me printers (thanks to the lovely folks at Stumptown Printers) and CD fabricators.  Kranky's version will look lovely as well and will cost much less. http://www.kranky.net/ --please note it doesn't include the same items or artwork.

Full disclosure--I was initially going to do 1000 but decided I could not handle that many at once. I will do another batch of 500 if all these sell. The artwork will be an inverted color scheme but in all other ways it will be exactly the same.

Email with interest. Limit one to each person please. I'll send one confirmation that you'll be able to purchase one, and another after that with the price.

Please note that I can not send orders until late October, and due to a residency I'll be headed out on for an entire month (wobbly timing), may have to wait to fill some orders until early December. 

Thanks to everyone helping to support by purchasing any version of the album. 

With care,

Liz

I am hoping my friend that owns Beacon Sound can secure me a copy....he knows Liz so I would imagine thats my best bet (besides nabbing one direct) I will also ask how many he may be able to secure!

Love that store. He's doing a great job.

Yeah. She can do no wrong in my eyes. I have the leak sitting in my iTunes but I've only listened to the song she released a couple weeks ago. It's the most excited I've been about a new record in a while and I feel like it'll be even better if I wait till release date. Delayed gratification?